Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

No, you're misunderstanding the portal. That window is the time the players have to enter the portal. They don't have to choose a school within that timeframe. That the window is shorter isn't really a big deal, the large majority of players have been in the portal well before 45 days after it opened in the past.

Now, whether Woodson can get enough quality players out of the portal is a completely different topic. I doubt it.

I meant it more from an evaluation standpoint. If we are still trying to get signatures after that 45 day window to enter, depleted won’t begin to describe the roster. While I agree with you there were still players available, the top players had narrowed their options and OV lists really really fast. Like within a couple weeks. Wasn’t super clear, my apologies. 

Most said when we fired Archie they had to get this hire right or else we were doomed. It's getting pretty gloomy. I can't fathom watching Woodson on the sideline next season if we are losing a bunch again

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Other than Mackenzie Mgbako in the spring of 2023, Indiana has not landed a commitment from a high school player in nearly two years.

Woodson just gets one more grant to work his portal magic!!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Doing it the day after a "source" says Woody will be back next year is, certainly, .... 

Coincidental timing? A choice? 

Beauty is in the eye of the interpreter. Good luck at Kansas or Texas Liam.

this whole thing is beyond surreal...

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There is a good chance we can finally get rid of the Hysterics. Eric went live on Twitter saying it’s the fans fault. He clearly got that from the staff. He’s been ripped on Peegs in multiple threads for the last 2 hours. They are hammering him. I love it.

Isn't a lot of their access due to their NIL collective and doesn't that NIL collective depend on fans donating? Seems like he's shooting himself in the foot.

22 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There is a good chance we can finally get rid of the Hysterics. Eric went live on Twitter saying it’s the fans fault. He clearly got that from the staff. He’s been ripped on Peegs in multiple threads for the last 2 hours. They are hammering him. I love it.

He seems to have back tracked significantly since when he first spoke….probably realized it was such a ridiculous take. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

He seems to have back tracked significantly since when he first spoke….probably realized it was such a ridiculous take. 

Yeah, but stuff on the internet is written with a Sharpie... it ain't going away... ever.

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Thank god. Well aware that we don’t need any more “serious program” discourse, but does anyone think Bill Self would let those two numbnuts within 100 miles of his program? Zero. Redeeming. Qualities.

One more question for the laughs. Are IU fans toxic or smart? Because I'm guessing majority of the fans knew Liam was leaving. Most of the fans know that Woodson won’t change… And most of us know by stats that the portal in bulk is not good. I think IU fans personally are one of the smartest fan bases.

30 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I swear he pays some of these fans to come on and say nice things about Woodson. Some of the questions tonight were laughing.

27 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

No, you're misunderstanding the portal. That window is the time the players have to enter the portal. They don't have to choose a school within that timeframe. That the window is shorter isn't really a big deal, the large majority of players have been in the portal well before 45 days after it opened in the past.

Now, whether Woodson can get enough quality players out of the portal is a completely different topic. I doubt it.

Best chance to get players in the portal is for a cold rainy spring in Indiana.  Less chance to golf.

17 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Isn't a lot of their access due to their NIL collective and doesn't that NIL collective depend on fans donating? Seems like he's shooting himself in the foot.

And in the process, shooting the whole program in the foot.  If it’s got any feet remaining.

18 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Problem is the grey hairs that donate to "one of Bobby's players" because he was....you know...one of Bobby's players.

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

The craziest takes I have seen so far on Twitter are:

1. Liam is just doing this to try and get more money out of IU.
2. He is worried about competing with Trey and MM for playing time.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I said #2 somewhere, maybe the decommitment thread, sarcastically because I knew some fans would try to put that spin on it.