Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Yes I think it will be his choice if he goes pro or not. Less concerned about transferring but I wouldn't say it's impossible. 
Obviously I know nothing. 
The only thing I am aware of is that early in the season, after the whole TBell incident, when an old friend/former teammate checked in with him, Mack told him all he planned on doing was trying to block out the noise and lock in on the development plan he and Woody had discussed.
That does give me hope he will be back for year 2 but I really doubt he himself even knows right now. I think a sophomore MM could be very special. 
Two days ago mm and most of the roster was leaving and now he may be back. I wonder where we will be at two days from now

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Two days ago mm and most of the roster was leaving and now he may be back. I wonder where we will be at two days from now

Idk what you want me to say man, I've been calling it 50/50. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he is back. 

If you're looking for someone else to constantly find reasons to ***** and moan, sorry but you'll have to look elsewhere. 

I want to be able to enjoy IUBB as a fan, so I'm going to look for reasons to be optimistic. 

Two days ago there was a lot less certainty about next year's coach. Now we know, so I will rally around him even if I don't think it's what is best for the program. I will hope he is successful even though I know I'm going to be frustrated, probably most of the time. 

I simultaneously do not believe IUBB is a "serious" program anymore, but hope Woodson proves me dead wrong. I think it's unlikely but hot take... I'd rather us be good next year than bad.

41 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I am too. It was just absurdly stupid. There's no foundation, we're not doing well with HS recruits so we have to have an absolute monster of a portal haul; keep in mind this last portal season was a dud outside of Ware.

He's said he believes college ball is played inside out and that the 3 isn't a point of emphasis for them, that's not a good sign considering the change needed. His Knicks teams had the same problems which isn't a good sign for his ability (or maybe willingness) to learn.

He has friends in the right places and they wanted to protect him, that's it. It was about what was right for Woodson not the Indiana program.

The last sentence couldn't be more true if all the reports we're hearing are accurate. 

Even if he has a solid portal season this year and we make the tournament next year and say the Sweet 16 - a solid year no doubt - but then he's going to have to do it all over again for the following year - that's my problem with Woodson. The chances of consistent success are just so small, imo. 

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

FWIW, your last several posts have been brief, on point and you've avoided lecturing us which helps your "cred" IMO.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I agree with this. But I figured it would be better saying it to you then him.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Currently there is only 5 schools with 5 or more consecutive appearances and one of those should have ended during the COVID year because Purdue would have not made it 

I hear you and I didn't mean fire him the second he doesn't make a tournament but rather why are we sitting here acting like simply making the tournament is accomplishing something beyond what is expected? I find it in the same category as Tom Crean handing out S16 rings. Making the tournament should be an expectation, not a bonus. 

It's a good thing to expect more out of our program and I do. 

2 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

The Mike Woodson going to the portal for success is going to crash and burn.  Book it.  Looks like we'll need 4-5 studs to come in.  Yet if you look at last year's numbers:  Of the top 25 players -- Bama, Gonzaga, TCU and TX each got 2.  If you drop to down to top 50 -- Nova, Kansas, and WVU each got 3. 

Now who's going to convince me, the Mike Woodson is going to be able to pull 3-4+ of the top players from the portal against some of the better programs in the nation.  Give me a break.  It's a pipe dream.  

I heard on the radio today that stated #24 Utah St. Returning scoring was 0% They had to revamp their whole team and are winning.

4 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I hear you and I didn't mean fire him the second he doesn't make a tournament but rather why are we celebrating a tournament bid? It should be expected at IU every year. 

It's a good thing to expect more out of our program and I do. 

You are celebrating a tournament bid because that’s where the program you are invested in is at in the college basketball landscape.   Fans can expect more out of the program all they want and wish the program is in a different spot but at the end of the day IU is a program that has only been to 2 tourneys in the last 8 years and has only finished with 1 winning conference record in that time.  Program has a lot of work to do before they have the stability to make the tourney consistently.    Program needs to focus on  having a winning conference record 2 consecutive years before people worry about making deep tourney runs.  Just my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I heard on the radio today that stated #24 Utah St. Returning scoring was 0% They had to revamp their whole team and are winning.

Definitely the outlier this year but year the new coach successfully hit gold with the portal and ended up with a team that won the MWC regular season.   Fun team to watch 

4 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Well I for one couldn't be more excited about our best case scenario being Utah freaking State next year.

Idk what you want me to say man, I've been calling it 50/50. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he is back. 
If you're looking for someone else to constantly find reasons to ***** and moan, sorry but you'll have to look elsewhere. 
I want to be able to enjoy IUBB as a fan, so I'm going to look for reasons to be optimistic. 
Two days ago there was a lot less certainty about next year's coach. Now we know, so I will rally around him even if I don't think it's what is best for the program. I will hope he is successful even though I know I'm going to be frustrated, probably most of the time. 
I simultaneously do not believe IUBB is a "serious" program anymore, but hope Woodson proves me dead wrong. I think it's unlikely but hot take... I'd rather us be good next year than bad.
I don't need you to say anything just seems people like trilly are just throwing out random info which so far doesn't seem to be true. Not sure why so many take his word as gospel.

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

You are celebrating a tournament bid because that’s where the program you are invested in is at in the college basketball landscape.   Fans can expect more out of the program all they want and wish the program is in a different spot but at the end of the day IU is a program that has only been to 2 tourneys in the last 8 years and has only finished with 1 winning conference record in that time.  Program has a lot of work to do before they have the stability to make the tourney consistently.    Program needs to focus on  having a winning conference record 2 consecutive years before people worry about making deep tourney runs.  Just my opinion 

I agree. Baby steps 

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I don't need you to say anything just seems people like trilly are just throwing out random info which so far doesn't seem to be true. Not sure why so many take his word as gospel.

I actually agree with you on this 

I think most are mad because it just should not be this hard at a schoollike But the admins make it this hard. We could easily be making the tourney most every season but just choose not to go that route.