Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Besides his run to the elite eight in 2014, what else did Archie achieve at the level he was at that it would indicate he could handle a P5 job? Sure he did really well that next year with a limited number of players, but at the same time he was coaching in the A-10 not the Big Ten. Big difference.
Dayton won by a point in the 1st round over Ohio State. Crazy to think that a bucket could make that much of a difference in the opinion of potential coach.
He has been god awful at Rhode island also. He is clearly not a p5 coach.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Problem is we have too many idiots making basketball decisions at IU then.  Those basketball alums are the bottom of the barrel in making basketball decisions.  See their track records. 

I understand getting input from former players.  The program belongs to the former players more than it does to us fans.  They actually have put in some sweat equity that we need to respect.  At the end of the day, we have to rely on the Athletic Director making the correct decision after receiving everyone's (current/former players, fans, and big donors) input.  

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

He has been god awful at Rhode island also. He is clearly not a p5 coach.

Archie was literally the flavor of the month. He had one deep run at a long time basketball school. Lots of better resumes at that time

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Glass didn't hire Crean and Buckner wasn't involved with that hire. 

Yeah. Seems I remember Crean coming onboard before Glass became the AD.

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Archie was literally the flavor of the month. He had one deep run at a long time basketball school. Lots of better resumes at that time

Not apples to apples, but a big reason why many fear the hiring of Dusty May.

(and yes I know the differences have been laid out by some of the more ardent May supporters)

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

....aaaahhhh, yes, the good 'ol days! I can still smell the popcorn walking into the Bloomington "Airway" department store, (now Target).

It was Ayrway. As in a division of L S Ayres.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Sign me up. I always wanted to be a PI or a detective. But I've never shot a gun so that probably won't work so I'll have to just use my hands, which I've never been in a fight so I might be stuck here at IU. 

All I hear are excuses lets hook you up with a trainer.  I would recommend.

Training Day Gifs

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Not apples to apples, but a big reason why many fear the hiring of Dusty May.

(and yes I know the differences have been laid out by some of the more ardent May supporters)

There aren't "ardent May supporters"... I think we can just see Archie Miller and Dusty May are literally two completely different people, so comparing the two doesn't really hold any weight. 

Me really thinks it’s her.
Speaks to the overall solid discourse BTB fosters that this even happened. 
I have no idea of the identity of that poster but I do love a good conspiracy theory. If they don't come back and post it could be telling after people called it out. This thread is better than any soap opera or reality TV show. Drama for days!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

These are some of the dumbest people in the history of the world.  Absolutely unbelievable how anyone that clueless could ever get into a position of power.  They really don't understand what they are doing.  Completely clueless and out of touch.

The Peter Principle. It's the only option.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

It's stunning a guy with sn 13-69 nba record is calling the shots. Where can I get a gig like quinn has.

Woodson's gig is pretty close... 

13 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Archie was 139-63 with four straight NCAA tournaments and four straight seasons of 24+ wins to include the EE run when we hired him. He was hardly “flavor of the month.” I didn’t like Archie as coach either but this is revisionist history. He was at least talked about in connection to almost every major opening from about 2014 on.