Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Don't forget "We're young".  Purdue won the Big Ten starting two freshmen guards last year.  Neither Smith or Loyer were ranked in the top 75.  
I'm not going anywhere anytime soon guys!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Don't forget "We're young".  Purdue won the Big Ten starting two freshmen guards last year.  Neither Smith or Loyer were ranked in the top 75.  

but they don't have to get over a hump, they bring their own every game. 

Charles-Laughton-The-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame.jpg

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Imagine Woodson having to fill like 9 portal spots. What a god awful look that would be. Recruiting would be dead in the water for high school players.

As I said earlier, part of Dolson's evaluation needs to be if Woodson can lock down -- the core of Gallo, MM, Malik, plus guys like Cupps and Sparks and keep LM -- before the tourney ends.  That will leave "only" 5-7 portal players.  If he doesn't lock those guys up quick, then Dolson really has no choice but to pull the plug and start fresh with the new guy.  

As I said earlier, part of Dolson's evaluation needs to be if Woodson can lock down -- the core of Gallo, MM, Malik, plus guys like Cupps and Sparks and keep LM -- before the tourney ends.  That will leave "only" 5-7 portal players.  If he doesn't lock those guys up quick, then Dolson really has no choice but to pull the plug and start fresh with the new guy.  
That assumes they even give Woodson an answer that fast. They may want to wait and see what kind of other offers they get first so it could takes months.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

That assumes they even give Woodson an answer that fast. They may want to wait and see what kind of other offers they get first so it could takes months.

Actually, it doesn't assume anything.  If they aren't willing to commit right away, then he's gone -- and that should tell you a lot.  Woodson either gets it done by the end of tourney or it's over, in my mind.  

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think us old geezers would still think of his playing days and what he did on the court as a player.  The younger generation would only have his pro and college coaching records for reference.  

I don't  know about that... I saw Buckner's team play in person many times back in the day... and my opinion of his abilities, logic and "love for the program" have tailed off quite a bit in the past 30 months... 

2 hours to catch up. 

And I'll just throw this little reminder out there.  When Fife was let go, one of the "reasons" that made its way around was because he offered some recruit that he wasn't supposed to.  With 1 signed recruit, maybe he knew just a little bit more than Woodson gave him credit for?  

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes he worked out in LA in June before getting here with Paul George and others. Everyone was saying he was going to be one and done. He also said Gabe Cupps was supposed to be the 3rd guard when we signed him. But if Xavier didn't get hurt, he wouldn't have gotten his medical redshirt. So no way Gabe could have ever been 3rd guard

Thought it was common knowledge among those with knowledge . That JHS just had to show out a Lil bit to be gone . Guy had a pro body at 16 . I agree silly narrative now .

Just now, Muskie for three said:

Thought it was common knowledge among those with knowledge . That JHS just had to show out a Lil bit to be gone . Guy had a pro body at 16 . I agree silly narrative now .

It's just excuses because that's all he has. He doesn't want people to realize he doesn't know what he's doing. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Rabby also confirmed he does not have an IU clause in his contract so I think we can mark him off the list. 

Are we talking about May or Shrewsberry?

42 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

By far my favorite Woodson excuse is he did not expect JHS to go pro after one year. If I recall it was reported from day one he was one and done. Woodson thinks we are all a bunch of fools who will believe anything he says.

Either that, or HE can't remember what he said and he hopes that we won't either...

I am just so absolutely over this crap...

14 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

2 hours to catch up. 

And I'll just throw this little reminder out there.  When Fife was let go, one of the "reasons" that made its way around was because he offered some recruit that he wasn't supposed to.  With 1 signed recruit, maybe he knew just a little bit more than Woodson gave him credit for?  

There's no way Fife is smarter than Woodson... that would make Fife the smartest man in the room.

/DWS

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Cupps got abused so badly that social services was called but I missed the TO of him getting chewed out. Maybe it was during a commercial. Ware has had some terrible moments, not seen him being screamed at, half the time he's not even hustling up or down the court. Mgbako we all know has been bad defensively all season but haven't seen him yelled at. Have the same standard for everyone. 

Saying Reneau was awful last week, and saying Trey was really bad the other night is not what successful coaches do. That's not the ownership I want for my program

Agreed... that is the very definition of "throwing them under the bus"...

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's just excuses because that's all he has. He doesn't want people to realize he doesn't know what he's doing. 

Well, that secret is out.

*drums hands on the table and talks about how young the team is, how he's had to deal with injuries, JHS abandoned him, still looking for the hump, gotta get back to work*