Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

The Trilly stuff is (a) Trilly said that he thinks Pearl would be IU's option 1 if Woody was let go (b) previously he said he reached out to someone close to Pearl and they said "the IU job has always meant something more to Bruce"
Convince quinn good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think Oats has some incredible buyout too. Something like 27 million

That ESPN article earlier said its 12m now, but drops to 10m on 3/15. Still large but not 27 large

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Ok, since we’re about to reach page 200, let’s get a consensus on everything that has transpired. As of right now, do we think Woodson will be gone after this season or not? I need to see a bunch of “after this season 100%” haha 

I'm saying by the weekend of March 23-24

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think Oats has some incredible buyout too. Something like 27 million

The article I read said 12m through March 14, then drops to 10, then 7, then 1 for 2026-27. No buyout in final 2 years.

They could've reworked it though.

I was hoping he would have been gone today. Really disappointed ! I am not sure this time around iu can do the wait till the season is over firing. The game has changed and I think ohio state is smart. We need to take our time and find the right guy and be ready for the transfer portal. It is past time to move on!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, cybergates said:

That ESPN article earlier said its 12m now, but drops to 10m on 3/15. Still large but not 27 large

Ok that must have been from when he signed the contract. If we're paying 8.5 for Pearl I would be OK with 10 for Oats. It's not my money let's spend a little more

For everyone complaining about Pearl and his  cheating, the next time i catch you all speeding, i am going to raise hell with you.
Do i want to cheat ? No
Do i want to win? Hell yeah
Am i okay with winning if we may or may dip our toes into the gray area, or go "82 in a 65" per say. - Yes

I mean would we be happy if we were Duke Fans? Kansas? UNC? Tennessee? Uconn? Do we all honestly believe that they are 100% clean and follow the book to a tee? No way. 
The college players are all paid now how many even go to class anymore? I have not heard of a guy being academically ineligible since aj Ratcliff like 17 years ago. Pearls past is long gone. Who cares.

4 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Not that it matters but I'm out on Pearl. 

Buyout, salary, age for his Auburn results no thanks. I know the hope would be that he could be better at IU than at Auburn, but we've been burned by that line of thinking for years now. Would have been a great hire during plenty of the previous searches.

image.thumb.png.02c1fa9ad52132595877c7cf535fa4a8.png  

image.thumb.png.c37f047c0bfbefcf3a000b8e72191948.png

image.png

image.png

So because it took him a whopping 3 years to be ranked in the top 10, at Auburn of all places, he's a no go? Wow.

Now do USI, Milwaukee, and Tennessee. 

Edited by AH1971

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

I was hoping he would have been gone today. Really disappointed ! I am not sure this time around iu can do the wait till the season is over firing. The game has changed and I think ohio state is smart. We need to take our time and find the right guy and be ready for the transfer portal. It is past time to move on!

I’m sure if Scott is planning on firing him he’s going through back channels gauging interest. I don’t like mikes coaching but firing him mid season  would leave a bad taste in my mouth 

But Woodson said we are right in the thick of things. He isn't going quietly.

2 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Buyout, salary, age for his Auburn results no thanks. I know the hope would be that he could be better at IU than at Auburn, but we've been burned by that line of thinking for years now. Would have been a great hire during plenty of the previous searches.

image.png

image.png

Looks to me like he turned Auburn around in 3 years and hasn't missed an NCAA tournament outside of that point in time. 2 sweet 16s, an elite 8, and a Final Four.

I'll take those results at this point in time. 

image.thumb.png.2ffa67aef0acddc781b381f2f5617fc8.png

Just now, Hornsby said:

The college players are all paid now how many even go to class anymore? I have not heard of a guy being academically ineligible since aj Ratcliff like 17 years ago. Pearls past is long gone. Who cares.

You are pounding my point home even more. We are on the same side here lol

3 minutes ago, cybergates said:

image.png

image.png

Why wouldn't you take that at IU? Yes it was a bit of a slow build, but presumably that would be quicker here with the portal, NIL, etc. After that, aside from a wonky COVID year, you can't ask for much better.

5 minutes ago, cybergates said:

image.png

oh man that's a tough sell

Yeah I can understand not wanting Pearl coz of age/buyout but his performance at Auburn is just not a good point IMO. 

He's had more 20+ win seasons than any of our coaches other than Knight and we've had 4 30+ win seasons, Pearl's already had 1 at Auburn.