Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lillurk

A Case for Dusty May

51 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

OMG.  Dusty May possibly a candiate for a different gig.  Everyone please remain calm and do not panic.

image.png

I must be behind or really busy these days because Dusty May is the only name I know on that list. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I must be behind or really busy these days because Dusty May is the only name I know on that list. 

Niko Medved is a really good coach.    Many think if Johnson fails at Minny he is the guy to replace him.  He is at   Colorado St right now 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Niko Medved is a really good coach.    Many think if Johnson fails at Minny he is the guy to replace him.  He is at   Colorado St right now 

OK, I've heard good things about Colorado St. I'll check out the other names this afternoon. 

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The other two are from James Madison and App St. Both seem to be having good seasons. 

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

OMG.  Dusty May possibly a candiate for a different gig.  Everyone please remain calm and do not panic.

image.png

Irrelevant aside, but it’s the world I live in: Byington is the name you hear all around the St Louis program, with Travis Ford being deader than a door nail and all. That would make for some really unhappy folks. SLU’s a good job, it ain’t WVU.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

OK, I've heard good things about Colorado St. I'll check out the other names this afternoon. 

Uh, I am sure I speak for everyone and suggest you stop watching TV and go listen outside Dolson’s office.  

On 2/6/2024 at 2:58 PM, TTT said:

Don’t want big name coach anything.
 Rather, enjoy the ride upward with Dusty May .  

Him and Schertz coach about the same type game.  

other considerations would be Stevens and Alford.

Woodson and staff are done.  Unqualified, lazy, really don’t care that much, no enthusiasm, no solutions, and are in the gig for as long as it lasts until moving on.

Really? This seems like a very lazy take to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

We want to fire a coach who got worse in his third season to hire a coach that got worse in his third season.

18-8

13-8

20-5

18-10

22-6

11-13

Would you hire this guy? Clearly got much worse in his 6th season. If you know, you know.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

18-8

13-8

20-5

18-10

22-6

11-13

Would you hire this guy? Clearly got much worse in his 6th season. If you know, you know.

Are we really back to the Bob Knight comparisons? In what world is Archie Miller a bad comparison to Dusty May but Bob Knight comparisons make sense? 

56 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

In what world is Archie Miller a bad comparison to Dusty May but Bob Knight comparisons make sense? 

In the limited sense of what type of program they took over and were at the helm of during those records.  

There’s plenty to criticize May for or that type of hire, but his success in building FAU isn’t really one of them. 

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

We want to fire a coach who got worse in his third season to hire a coach that got worse in his third season.

How did he get worse from years 2 to 3. 17-15 to 13-10. Two games over .500 is worse than 3 games over .500. Also played 9 less games in year 3 so you can't look at win totals.

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

With everybody back. If he has tournament success this season we can talk.

ummm.....FAU's non-conference SOS last year was 251 and this year it is 40th.  And I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that they overachieved last year.  It's still not a team with a level of talent that should be 20-6.