Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Wisconsin - Friday, 01.19.24 @ 8:30 ET on FS1

7 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I was worried about firing Woodson because I didn’t want to lose Reneau, McNeely, Mgbako…. But at this point is better to keep Woodson one more year just to have these guys… 

No shot. And honestly, the odds of Mgbako staying because of Woodson vs. leaving because of him in one way or another, I'd call 50/50. His hope/expectation of being 1 and done clearly will not be met. I bet he wishes he was developing at Duke right now and winning. It's not worth another year of this just to keep some of those guys. Not at all.

Let's just rally around a new vision and start building in that direction. The sooner the better. (The day after the MSU game maybe) 

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Hummel will say anything to sh!t talk IU, so I can’t pay any mind to what he says.

I’ve heard games when I thought he was almost over complimentary, for an announcer, in regards to IU. Praising the Hall, fan base, tradition, etc

3 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Sparks has been the least of our issues.

I never said he was.  My question was about why Woodson continues to look at lineups with outside shooting that clogs the lane, especially when Sparks just put up a 30 minute, 2 rebound performance. 

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Then why another season. You know that means about 15 more months of this.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I ask myself the same thing. But, I’m old and.still relate to the “just needs time” mentality. I guess I’m hoping against hope?

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

I never said he was.  My question was about why Woodson continues to look at lineups with outside shooting that clogs the lane, especially when Sparks just put up a 30 minute, 2 rebound performance. 

Because Woodson doesn’t know what he’s doing. And it wouldn’t matter if someone else started in place of Sparks because we don’t run an offense to begin with.

Fisch is giving them credit for fighting back.
Little makes me more angry than "moral victory" mentality. That crap ended in 2010

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I ask myself the same thing. But, I’m old and.still relate to the “just needs time” mentality. I guess I’m hoping against hope?
Normally yes but time isn't on Woodson side and really the program can't wait

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Yeah I’m with you on this. The roster and lineup construction, plus the shot selection (and his defense thereof) are really concerning even if there are reasons to believe next year will be better.