Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Home Jersey

IUBB vs Auburn (Atlanta, GA) | 12/9/2023 @ 2:00pm on ESPN2

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

This was a complete panic hire by Scott Dolson.  Destined to fail from day 1 like virtually all of the NBA to college coaches. 

They panicked because they got played by Stevens like the country bumpkins they are.  

Woody was probably about as good as you could do in that scenario. I wouldn’t say failure, at least not in my eyes. But we pretty much know what he is at this point. 

Just now, IU_FanClub said:

I will say, making the tournament should be the bare minimum for this program. If you miss it especially in the NIL and transfer portal era you should absolutely be on the hot seat.

There shouldn't be any excuse for missing the tournament in year 3 with a roster you built.

My gripe with Coach Woodson is that he acts like he is still in the NBA at times. He will quit coaching when the team “does not have it”, at least that is what his mentality appears to be. The team embodies that mentality and it is really frustrating.

2 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

My gripe with Coach Woodson is that he acts like he is still in the NBA at times. He will quit coaching when the team “does not have it”, at least that is what his mentality appears to be. The team embodies that mentality and it is really frustrating.

Exactly.  College players talk about their coaches teaching them.   NBA players talk about people they hire helping them get better.  

Just now, OliviaPope40 said:

Thanks to Doc Councilman for the candy striped pants learned that one today out of this game.

I was so fortunate to attend a swim camp w Doc when I was young. Wonderful person 

55 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

At what point do our fans stop traveling to these type of games? We always lose and more often than not, it’s embarrassing.

It's really kind of astounding that we still travel as well as we do. My guess is that when Gen X starts having grandchildren, we'll start seeing a much more noticeable drop unless we figure something out by then. I feel like every time the camera pans to the crowd at one of our games, they always show people who look like they're over 60. 

The effort today was absolutely inexcusable. That team should have been booed off the floor. Waste of NIL money and waste of scholarship money. Not single one of them earned the great opportunity they are given. The team looked like a collection of losers from the head coach on down. Terrible job by Woody and zero leadership from the players.