Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Army - Sunday, 11.12.23 @ 7:00 on BTN

Bittersweet that RMK's first coaching stop will visit SSAH just days after his passing.  Army is 0-2 on the season having lost 71-55 to Marist and 57-44 to Stonehill.  If this isn't a blowout, we have serious problems.

Radio

Live Stats

4 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

That might be the most pointless take I’ve read in a long time. 

And just stupid! If he's really comparing basketball resumes, Woodson's towers over both of them. 

But what's worse is just this clown continuing to trash Woodson, IU players and IU recruits. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

And just stupid! If he's really comparing basketball resumes, Woodson's towers over both of them. 

But what's worse is just this clown continuing to trash Woodson, IU players and IU recruits. 

Also by DD’s own metric, he himself falls short of the Army staff. What is he doing 

I’ve defended Dakich a number of times before. This lowblow is indefensible. Just a bitter, mean, jealous take by him. Woodson has proven to be a classy guy who loves the University.

Dakich holds major grudges, and loves winners and hates losers and finds any explanation to explain the losing he can. He doesn’t know. He came from a different culture than we have today and that’s why I sometimes defend him, but this one is just a potshot for zero reason.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

DD just wants clicks.  Hate generates more action than love.

Ignore DD.

Changing the subject, I am still surprised that IU got Coach Knight and placed him in charge of the Hurrying Hoosiers.

Quite a feat that.

And a tip of the hat to those that give a nod to RMK's roots, and Indiana basketball roots, too, by scheduling Army.  Won't be a highly competitive game.  But it is just one game.  And it is definitely a salute to all veterans.  

Here is to the memory of Coach Knight's great coaching and teams.  

DD just wants clicks.  Hate generates more action than love.
Ignore DD.
Changing the subject, I am still surprised that IU got Coach Knight and placed him in charge of the Hurrying Hoosiers.
Quite a feat that.
And a tip of the hat to those that give a nod to RMK's roots by scheduling Army.  Won't be a highly competitive game.  But, it is just one game.
Here is to the memory of Coach Knight's great coaching and teams.  

That’s the avenue, he should have taken. Compliment the staff for scheduling Army as a homage to Coach Knight. That’s the real story.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ve defended Dakich a number of times before. This lowblow is indefensible. Just a bitter, mean, jealous take by him. Woodson has proven to be a classy guy who loves the University.

Dakich holds major grudges, and loves winners and hates losers and finds any explanation to explain the losing he can. He doesn’t know. He came from a different culture than we have today and that’s why I sometimes defend him, but this one is just a potshot for zero reason.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He even fails at the stupid low blow by calling Carson Cunningham a 'tremendous player at Purdue'.  As if Cunningham's play at Purdue could hold a candle to Woodson's at IU.

So his point is what?  That Woodson didn't win a bronze star or write a number of books?  I am shocked that since military accomplishments and authorship are THE measures of coaching that no one has hired Colin Powell.

Okay; ‘f’ Dakich and kudos to Dave from Dayton for identifying the best strategy as ignoring him.

And on that note:

Army has been truly lousy on offense so far this year. Truly. I suppose given their offensive capabilities to date they have had the week to reevaluate and make positive changes.

However, for me this is a game for the Hoosiers to lock down and start to become a next level defensive squad. We have the ability to do that.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

He even fails at the stupid low blow by calling Carson Cunningham a 'tremendous player at Purdue'.  As if Cunningham's play at Purdue could hold a candle to Woodson's at IU.

So his point is what?  That Woodson didn't win a bronze star or write a number of books?  I am shocked that since military accomplishments and authorship are THE measures of coaching that no one has hired Colin Powell.

I'd rather have Colin Powell than Dakich as IU coach right now.

Note: Gen. Powell died 2 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And on that note:

Army has been truly lousy on offense so far this year. Truly. I suppose given their offensive capabilities to date they have had the week to reevaluate and make positive changes.

However, for me this is a game for the Hoosiers to lock down and start to become a next level defensive squad. We have the ability to do that.

Maybe we could hold them to 30 points or less!