Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

Game Thread: IU vs FGCU - 11/7 @ 6:30 on BTN

2 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

They are taking away the pick n roll to Ware, Woody has to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Should try PnR with Reneau and Ware in short corner or corner. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Going on -- what, the 6th year -- without a knock-down shooter: a JBJ, a Roth, a Zeisloft. 

Stewart and Kopp were supposed to be, but were sorta -- meh. 

How difficult can it be to get someone like that! 

This team with a Zeisloft would be a dark horse favorite for B10 champions 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Going on -- what, the 6th year -- without a knock-down shooter: a JBJ, a Roth, a Zeisloft. 

Galloway shot North of 45% last year lol 

It's time for us to take this game over.  We can't count on these dudes.

Your lucky shirt from last year expired.  Switch it up fellas.  Rally time

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

IMO, can't really put Roth on that list.  Senior year was great but his other two years was a 37% three point shooter and a guy who averaged under 5 ppg for his career.  Defensively he would hurt us.

This is going to be a process. Always was with this many new pieces. I'm feeling better every game about Ware and that was my biggest concern. If you want a high volume 3 point shooting team, then CMW might not be your coach. The defense, minus a few missed assignments, has kept us in the game against a pretty mature team.

It’s the 1st half of game one so I don’t want to overreact but most of what I heard in the off-season were questions about Ware and his effort level and motor.  He has looked great.  Super active on both ends.  Really impressed with him.  It’s Mack that’s not bringing it and I don’t see the skill level to make up for it.  He’s not Romeo cool.  Yes, this is his first game so need to see more, but so far I don’t see it.

Also, really need more from the Banks/Gunn combo.  I liked Banks last year so less concerned about him but not sure Gunn sees the floor if Newton was healthy and he is being counted on.