Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Mgbako Arrested, Paying Small Fine for Misdemeanor

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

What do you do when they won’t give you your food or refund your money? Say thanks and walk away.

So are you giving us another "fact?" 

Interestingly, I was at Taco Bell for lunch.  Two dudes walked in wondering where the heck their mobile order was.  The manger told them they had to click here or there, depending on pickup thru drive thru or inside.  They had to wait for their food.  Granted, cops weren't called.  :)   

3 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Who agrees on that? I certainly don't.

I'll 100% support any private establishments right to refuse service to an unruly patron just as I do for LEO to use necessary force when unlawful subjects don't comply with lawful orders.

MM obviously ordered the 2 for 1 special Sunday morning. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Politics, personal insults, and such?

• Nope

Please respect that though it's not a perfect process, we strive to keep things on topic, even when there are hot button issues in the sports-related topic.

Thanks for your stump speech @IndyResident16 I think we're familiar with where you stand on this, by now, lol...

Have we examined every angle of the available information ad nauseam enough yet? Or is this horse not quite dead yet? 

4 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Actually, it's not a good look for IU and future recruits.  We complain about the facilities, the cheerleader uniforms and the pregame music.  If I'm a prospect, I certainly want to know I won't get hassled late night at a freaking taco bell.  

Since this is actually on the topic of IU basketball... I agree, this needs to be addressed/cared for with prospects. 

As we've seen from this thread, people can run fill in the blanks with all sorts of ideas/narratives, if we can't give them a clear picture

3 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Thanks for your stump speech @IndyResident16 I think we're familiar with where you stand on this, by now, lol...

Have we examined every angle of the available information ad nauseam enough yet? Or is this horse not quite dead yet? 

Nothing political about either of those statements. 

Nice try though. 

11 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Actually, it's not a good look for IU and future recruits.  We complain about the facilities, the cheerleader uniforms and the pregame music.  If I'm a prospect, I certainly want to know I won't get hassled late night at a freaking taco bell.  

One of the reasons we’re not a blue blood anymore. This would have never happened in the Knight era. This isn’t happening in Lexington or Chapel Hill

15 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Nothing political about either of those statements. 

Nice try though. 

Well... the right to own private property - in itself - is political. Supporting LEO use of force (in a situation where we still don't have body cam footage to give us insight into what actually happened) isn't political? In today's climate, really? ... What happened to due process? 

Lol. I've been on the internet long enough to know not to feed the trolls... but more than happy to continue the conversation in private messages if you'd like. Not that either of us would probably find it very worthwhile anyway...

5 more days til IUBB is back!

5 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Well... the right to own private property - in itself - is political. Supporting LEO use of force (in a situation where we still don't have body cam footage to give us insight into what actually happened) isn't political? In today's climate, really? ... What happened to due process? 

Lol what?

5 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Lol. I've been on the internet long enough to know not to feed the trolls... but more than happy to continue the conversation in private messages if you'd like. Not that either of us would probably find it very worthwhile anyway..

Haha yeah...I'm definitely good (see above)

Edited by IndyResident16

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Here's where we agree... this incident is not good news for Mack Mgbako, the employees of that Taco Bell, and depending on what's on the body cameras, maybe or maybe not the responding officers.

Thinking it's pretty low level bad news for Mack and the Taco Bell employees, but for the officers? They either acted professionally and it's zero bad news for them, or the body cameras and internal incident investigation show that they weren't at their best, in which case they will get the worst repercussions.

The facts that we don't know and time will tell.

Get Mason on the phone and make sure he brings Della...

image.jpeg.18c8dd75e2197b190447c8b7a618fc51.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Haven't been to Taco Bell lately, have you.  Order for a big fella is closer to $15-20.  :)  

Oh man, the order for a 6'8" 210 (?) pound 18 year old would do some damage on the wallet. Imagine that kid going to Arby's! Thank god for NIL deals.

hey y’all,

Ricky checkin’ in..

i know you all have been waiting on me to break my silence on this situation, so i figured i’d take a few minutes to do so..

as some of you may know, i was in the car with Mackenzie that evening..

he asked me after practice if i was interested in a cheesy gordita crunch, and to no one’s surprise due to my 430 pound frame;

i was interested..

as you can probably tell from recent headlines, i did not receive said gordita..

i was taken into custody shortly after Mack for performing The Walls of Jericho on the responding officer, but i stood up for our 5 star, and this program..

i write to you all from the Monroe County Jail..

i was denied bond, but i stashed a Galaxy S10 in my @$$.

will keep everyone updated..

- Barrel Rick, 2023

sponsored by Hormel Chili & Christopher Gunn Jr.

#FreeRicky

Edited by Barrel Rick

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

image.jpeg

Look, I know it's en vogue to do the whole "TACO BELL POOPY TIME" thing, but I've never once had any bowel issues from Taco Bell. And my experience should matter, as I am a high-ranking rewards member. Can't say the same for Jimmy John's, McDonald's or the local Mexican joint.

All that to say: everyone back off of my favorite dining establishment.

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

You 100% support something we probably all do. Difference is we can see a higher than not probability he was not being “unruly” and actual facts making your statement invalid. 

- you don’t have all the facts - you cannot dispute that. If you believe you do, that is willful ingnorace. You say we are playing out fake scenarios … yeah, because they are all valid possibilities and you have zero concern at all that other things may have occurred.  

- you are indirectly making a judgment on his character. I will say it again, if this were some different players, this would have 100% been viewed different by some. DD for sure. That guy is becoming obvious as hell. The angrier someone gets about that statement, the more likely you are someone who does that.

-  I had a friend when I was in college get in a dispute with a store over a return. They wouldn’t even talk to him. Guess what? When I walked up without him, they not only talked to me but did the return. He couldn’t even get that far. I watched the whole thing from afar. It was sick.  No, he didn’t raise his voice etc. They simply treated him as less than a person. 

- people acting like a Taco Bell drive through employee is the bastion of communication takes some real jumping through hopes. I can easily, easily see him asking for his order he paid for, they say they are closed (which they should not be), he says, Can I get a refund then? Nope, we are closed. Come back tomorrow. He says, WTF no, I want my money back. They then decide to hurl an insult. Maybe call him a few nasty words. —— yeah, I am sure the few of you acting holier than now would just go home. Not a chance. 

- I could even see him saying, sure, call police, I will sit right here and wait. Police come and say, sorry, private property, you have to leave. At that point, if they had my money, closed when they should not be, called the cops and cops backed them up… yeah. 18, 40 or 60. I am pissed off. 

- since so many want to take report as gospel, to @RaceToTheTop point- they decided to arrest him before he ever came back, etc. they say they gave him “15 min” people keep quoting. So they interviewed everyone involved and got story straight etc. that was probably the 15 min. Again, we don’t know and you don’t know. Somehtjng just feels off and when that is the case… usually is. 

- this has been said by a few but police can be good and are critical to our society. They can also be really bad. Sometimes not even on purpose. They are humans and we are all capable of messing up. always comply… hell no. In this case, as an 18 year old, i orobaky call my dad too. I want other witnesses for what is going down before I just go to jail. It is obvious some choose to ignore example after example of why that is not always the right advice. 

I am obviously passionate on this because I have had many friends who have judged or harmed for things they didn’t do. The examples on when I was younger is crazy. I grew up in a rough area (live life of privilege now) and hate when people jump to conclusions and judge character without knowing someone. 

if more details come out, and he was a raving lunatic, then he deserves to be punished. But if those details prove innocence, I would hope some do a real hard look at why they felt the need to judge his character immmedistely and learn from that for the future. 

TL;DR

If you're willing to go to jail over a bad experience at Taco Bell you have bigger issues.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

@Ngw7183 post was long, but was not TL.

And if you're serious about considering other points of view, I suggest you R it.

There's no other point to consider.

I would never, ever, allow myself to get into a situation where the police would be called over an argument at a fast food establishment. NEVER. EVER. Not at 18, not at 28, not even 78. Not sober, not high nor drunk. I must be built differently.

MM had several outs to walk away from this situation unscathed. He chose jail. Sad. Hopefully it's a learning experience all the way around. 

Edited by IndyResident16

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This part is funny but not funny but my wife (who is black) has me make all of our returns because of the exact scenario. She usually gets sorry we don't do returns, then I walk in and they return it no questions asked, or without a receipt. 

I could name many examples of things but I won't. I never saw it for years until I got married. 

I didn't post that. But sure, make this entire MM ordeal racial when there's zero evidence to suggest that.

Any time you disrupt a place of business to the point they can no longer conduct business ie blocking the drive thru line when the dining room is closed, you're going to lose that proposition 10/10 times and the police are going to trespass you. It ain't hard to see that Chris. 

Edited by IndyResident16

21 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I had a friend when I was in college get in a dispute with a store over a return. They wouldn’t even talk to him. Guess what? When I walked up without him, they not only talked to me but did the return. He couldn’t even get that far. I watched the whole thing from afar. It was sick.  No, he didn’t raise his voice etc. They simply treated him as less than a person

This part is funny but not funny but my wife (who is black) has me make all of our returns because of the exact scenario. She usually gets sorry we don't do returns, then I walk in and they return it no questions asked, or without a receipt. 

I could name many examples of things but I won't. I never saw it for years until I got married. 

25 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

if more details come out, and he was a raving lunatic, then he deserves to be punished. But if those details prove innocence, I would hope some do a real hard look at why they felt the need to judge his character immmedistely and learn from that for the future. 

Prove innocence? 

Taco Bell asked him to leave their property which is well within their right. He didn't so they called the police. The police commanded him several times to leave the property to which he didn't in a timely manner. Unless you want to rewrite Indiana trespass laws, there's no proving innocence regardless of what started the initial confrontation. I'm not sure why that keeps getting lost on people?