Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

8 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Maybe… maybe not. Sure seems to me like there’s a lot of angst between this thread and the FMW thread over missing out on this guy 

This thread has nothing to do with the FMW thread.  Whatever is happening in that thread is what it is.   As far as this one I personally don’t see anything over the top emotionally over missing out on a recruit.   My guess is most  people on this message board could read between the lines and figured out the kid wasn’t going to IU several weeks ago therefore no need to be emotional when he actually made it official.   My other guess is people here can read between the lines some more and figure out why he went to UConn instead of staying home and playing for IU.   

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This thread has nothing to do with the FMW thread.  Whatever is happening in that thread is what it is.   As far as this one I personally don’t see anything over the top emotionally over missing out on a recruit.   My guess is most  people on this message board could read between the lines and figured out the kid wasn’t going to IU several weeks ago therefore no need to be emotional when he actually made it official.   My other guess is people here can read between the lines some more and figure out why he went to UConn instead of staying home and playing for IU.   

You’re not serious, right? A good part of that thread focuses on his missing out on supposed “must have “ recruits.

9 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

You’re not serious, right? A good part of that thread focuses on his missing out on supposed “must have “ recruits.

The "Fire Mike Woodson" thread discusses, among other things, CMW missing out on high school recruits. 

This thread -- about an in-state high school recruit whom CMW missed out on -- laments the coach missing out on said recruit. 

I'm not seeing what the issue is. 

I mean -- heaven forbid some topics bleed over more than one thread. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

The "Fire Mike Woodson" thread discusses, among other things, CMW missing out on high school recruits. 

This thread -- about an in-state recruit whom CMW missed out on -- laments the coach missing out a high school recruit. A very specific high school recruit. 

I'm not seeing what the problem is. 

I mean -- heaven forbid some issues bleed over multiple threads. 

Agreed…

And there was nothing wrong with pointing out that there is a lot of angst and hand wringing in both threads over it. Which was my point to begin with 

On 10/18/2024 at 11:21 AM, Stuhoo said:

Woody is already 66 and can't do this job much longer.

So for me? As much as I hate to ;) I'm gonna put a bow on this thread and make an overarching 'it all doesn't matter that much' conclusion 

• The team this year is likely to be quite good with any head coach
  • Woody's buyout is negligible after this season
  • This will be Woody's last year, win big, lose big, or in-between.

*ps: y'all are free to disagree, but ima gonna be quoting this post when it becomes so.

Bump.

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah dead serious.   Years past if IU missed out on a 5 star in-state recruit from central Indiana the board would have been in meltdown mode and the mods would be busy hiding drunken post for the night.   Everyone knew where this was going 3 weeks ago so for a day where a 5 star Indiana kid chose an out of state school instead of the home school this thread is daisys  compared to others.   At the end of the day it is what it is.   The kid went to the school where he built the better relationship with the head coach.   Mullins himself said Hurley was the coach he talked to the most during his recruitment in the Indy star article.  Kudos to Hurley for coming into a recruitment later then others and from out of state and able to build a better relationship then some head coaches that were less then 100 miles away 

Wasn’t here years past. No knowledge of what that was. Only know what I’ve read in the last year. Which is a bunch of guys finding any reason to criticize the coach.

Don’t care about Hurley, don’t care about his recruiting success. Frankly, don’t care about Mullins, now that he has made his decision.

Angst and meltdown aren’t really that close on whatever spectrum they fall on. I never thought that the board was in full meltdown over this decision. Angst is a better word for it and I fully think it fits in this situation 

Wasn’t here years past. No knowledge of what that was. Only know what I’ve read in the last year. Which is a bunch of guys finding any reason to criticize the coach.
Don’t care about Hurley, don’t care about his recruiting success. Frankly, don’t care about Mullins, now that he has made his decision.
Angst and meltdown aren’t really that close on whatever spectrum they fall on. I never thought that the board was in full meltdown over this decision. Angst is a better word for it and I fully think it fits in this situation 

Mullins is just another straw. Sooner or later the aggregate weight of lazy HS recruiting are going to break the proverbial camel’s back and cost Woodson his job. This is probably the wrong thread in which to wish it would happen sooner.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah dead serious.   Years past if IU missed out on a 5 star in-state recruit from central Indiana the board would have been in meltdown mode and the mods would be busy hiding drunken post for the night.   Everyone knew where this was going 3 weeks ago so for a day where a 5 star Indiana kid chose an out of state school instead of the home school this thread is daisys  compared to others.   At the end of the day it is what it is.   The kid went to the school where he built the better relationship with the head coach.   Mullins himself said Hurley was the coach he talked to the most during his recruitment in the Indy star article.  Kudos to Hurley for coming into a recruitment later then others and from out of state and able to build a better relationship then some head coaches that were less then 100 miles away 

Agreed the board has been really calm. Years past would of been bedlam.

25 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Mullins is just another straw. Sooner or later the aggregate weight of lazy HS recruiting are going to break the proverbial camel’s back and cost Woodson his job. This is probably the wrong thread in which to wish it would happen sooner.

Agree—wrong  thread because it’s gonna happen soon enough. Let’s enjoy the season and kick the snot out of Purdump.

As for Mullins? I’m pretty sure that Scott Dolson has noticed that his 66 year old coach with a now-negligible buyout struck out on both in-state 5 star recruits.

Scott Dolson is enjoying the hell out of Cignetti but make no mistake; he doesn’t want to be a football school with ‘decent’ basketball team. He wants to be reverse Bama- a dominant basketball school where the second sport is also top 20.

9 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I noticed in that article he never mentioned Woodson once and mentioned Hurley many times, plus he mentioned Walsh on IU’s behalf.  It just shows Mike Woodson’s laziness in recruiting HS kids 

Yup. Multiple positive Walsh mentions and no mention of Woody whatsoever.

49 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Thanks for the hand slap. So glad to know this forum is watched over by folks who have their thumbs on the pulse. 

Anytime.  And it’s folks who have their index fingers on the pulse not their thumb over here on this forum.  Probably the other forum where they have their thumbs on the pulse