Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Just in fun my friend, no mockery intended 

No offense taken brother! I'm just prickly today after having a s*** time at work lol, I need a vacation. Appreciate its all good fun. 

Now let's sign Mgbako and Dingle and hang another banner. Lol 

1 hour ago, TeeterInNJ said:

The other day HD posted a gif of something blipping on a radar, getting closer. 

Today, allegedly HD was in a Twitter space and asked about Mgbako. He "acted kinda weird when asked about it. Said that he and Kansas definitely have their eyes on someone (Mgbako) and they will figure it out soon." Think the (Mgbako) was implied, but not plainly stated. 

I did see that Hunter Dickinson was on Twitter Spaces with Mike Vernon.....Vernon is a tool.  Guy looking for clicks from Jayhawk fans -- read their message boards and you'll see that Jayhawk fans think he's a joke.

Here is what is going to happen, about an hour before his announcement, Mark Cuban is going to come in with an NIL offer of $1 billion dollars, the nicest penthouse apartment in Bloomington and 40% shares of stock to the Dallas Mavericks, and he commits to IU

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I did see that Hunter Dickinson was on Twitter Spaces with Mike Vernon.....Vernon is a tool.  Guy looking for clicks from Jayhawk fans -- read their message boards and you'll see that Jayhawk fans think he's a joke.

Oh wow, didn't realize that was with Mike Vernon... I see among his many scoops, 2 years ago was KU to B10 haha... That makes me feel more at ease about the twitter chatter in KU circles. In all likelihood just HD trying to build his KU following while having fun at IU fan's expense, since we know how much he loves our fan base 

8 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Oh wow, didn't realize that was with Mike Vernon... I see among his many scoops, 2 years ago was KU to B10 haha... That makes me feel more at ease about the twitter chatter in KU circles. In all likelihood just HD trying to build his KU following while having fun at IU fan's expense, since we know how much he loves our fan base 

I have no idea what/if Hunter Dickinson knows anything.  Just know that Ant Wright posted a link to the twitter spaces he had done earlier in the day in which and Hunter Dickinson were both guests on Mike Vernon's twitter spaces cast.  Vernon seems to have latched on to Dickinson, likely because both like to self promote and troll.

This board's opinion on the utility of info gleaned from social media seems to change like the direction of the wind, lol. 

Not sure why someone would visit a message board and click on a recruiting thread if they're not interested in the latest news on recruits. If you don't consider social media activity to be news, that's fine... if nothing else, it is contextual information that you can ignore without snide comments. Guess there is no fun in that though

some of us are just trying to figure out our Chick Fil A order.  

This is the final post I will make on the subject because I am not looking for drama and would rather argue with KU fans. It's message board banter and not a big deal. Just an odd thing to do IMO ...  

Snide (adjective): derogatory or mocking in an indirect way (per Oxford dictionary).

Edit: yes, you can call me snide/petty or whatever for this post. Lol

There is nothing contextual about who someone is following on Twitter. Ledlum followed the whole damn roster and look where he is 

56 minutes ago, lillurk said:

If my team had won a title this decade I would simply chill with the recruiting obsession unless I thought we were beginning to slip.

I just reviewed KU's roster (yes, I am late to this party) Dickinson is now the only center they have and only 2 other scholarship players over 6'6" =  Fr M. Adams SF and Jr KJ Adams SF.  No PF's either. If Mgbako is willing to guard  the 4 there is definitely an opening there. Sure looks like a lot of 3 & 4 guard line-ups in their future, so a "4 out" offense is easy to see too. Only 12 scholarships available due to "self-imposed sanctions" from the NCAA investigation.  

5 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I just reviewed KU's roster (yes, I am late to this party) Dickinson is now the only center they have and only 2 other scholarship players over 6'6" =  Fr M. Adams SF and Jr KJ Adams SF.  No PF's either. If Mgbako is willing to guard  the 4 there is definitely an opening there. Sure looks like a lot of 3 & 4 guard line-ups in their future, so a "4 out" offense is easy to see too. Only 12 scholarships available due to "self-imposed sanctions" from the NCAA investigation.  

Adams is a 4 and played the 5 last year

5 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

KJ Adams isn't a small forward on either offense or defense.  They certainly don't want him guarding the three -- he's physical but doesn't possess the foot speed of a three.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If I'm Woodson I would have called MM right after that Kansas player announced his transfer to remind him he's absolutely a wing at IU and looks like he'll be playing in the paint and defending 4's and 5's at Kansas. 

As their roster currently is -- and with a couple of openings, they'll look for a backup 4/5 -- MM would certainly have to play some 4, even if it were when K Adams or Dickinson went to the bench.