Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

Brady Allen

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not interested. Definitely heading to the river. 

Probs so. I didn't realize they had just had a top 2023 QB commit to them though. 

Maybe he does land somewhere else? Maybe UK? UL probably the front runner regardless. 

39 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Nope. Prototypical drop back pocket passer. Not what we need. We know it and he knows it.

Yup…unless things change drastically, we need a QB that is good at running for his life!

Dexter Williams had some success because when the other team had a jailbreak rush and he escaped, there was a lot of open space downfield to run at.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup…unless things change drastically, we need a QB that is good at running for his life!

Dexter Williams had some success because when the other team had a jailbreak rush and he escaped, there was a lot of open space downfield to run at.

Gotcha.. I’m not as in tune with what the football program needs. I will be shocked if Brady doesn’t have an excellent career!

IU football needs about 22 big ten east caliber football players.  

Brady and any other good big ten east caliber QBs probably will have more desirable opportunities in their opinion other than IU…which will leave IU football with a JC or a mid major talent level transfer at Quarterback or moving 3 star quarterback Donaven McCulley from receiving to quarterback who I said coming out of high school would be a good quarterback for Ball State or another mid major.

No high level high school quarterback will come to IU football.  IU football usually gets QBs with some deficiencies and hearing T.A. talking about he likes the current recruiting class he refers to them as having an opportunity to play and prove themselves in the big ten…Another way of saying mid major or average major level talent level players trying to play in big ten east.

10 hours ago, TTT said:

IU football needs about 22 big ten east caliber football players.  

Brady and any other good big ten east caliber QBs probably will have more desirable opportunities in their opinion other than IU…which will leave IU football with a JC or a mid major talent level transfer at Quarterback or moving 3 star quarterback Donaven McCulley from receiving to quarterback who I said coming out of high school would be a good quarterback for Ball State or another mid major.

No high level high school quarterback will come to IU football.  IU football usually gets QBs with some deficiencies and hearing T.A. talking about he likes the current recruiting class he refers to them as having an opportunity to play and prove themselves in the big ten…Another way of saying mid major or average major level talent level players trying to play in big ten east.

IU also needs a better fanbase.  No recruit is going to look at an IU football message board filled with post after post of this junk and choose IU, especially with NIL now a main consideration.

10 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

IU also needs a better fanbase.  No recruit is going to look at an IU football message board filled with post after post of this junk and choose IU, especially with NIL now a main consideration.

Good Description.  It is what it is.

43 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Interesting, now I know why all the basketball recruits choose Kentucky, they love the positivity on Rupp Rafters!

11 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Interesting, now I know why all the basketball recruits choose Kentucky, they love the positivity on Rupp Rafters!

Sure, because Indiana football fills the seats like Kentucky basketball, right?  Indiana football has the NIL money of Kentucky basketball, right?

In short, Kentucky basketball has a lot of positives to counteract the negativity of some of their fanbase.  We, on the other hand, have tailgating instead of coming into games, leaving at halftime, and grown men (I assume) sucking their thumbs and carrying their blankies to message boards and crying when things don't go their way.  Not real enticing to potential recruits.  But thanks for the laughable comparison to Kentucky basketball, lol.

2 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Sure, because Indiana football fills the seats like Kentucky basketball, right?  Indiana football has the NIL money of Kentucky basketball, right?

In short, Kentucky basketball has a lot of positives to counteract the negativity of some of their fanbase.  We, on the other hand, have tailgating instead of coming into games, leaving at halftime, and grown men (I assume) sucking their thumbs and carrying their blankies to message boards and crying when things don't go their way.  Not real enticing to potential recruits.  But thanks for the laughable comparison to Kentucky basketball, lol.

I'm not making a comparison, outside of the message board aspect. My point is that fan negativity on message boards has literally nothing to do with the decisions of recruits. 

IU football has sucked for decades, fan interest is not just going to magically appear.. It will come after we start winning, not before.

The only ones crying, sucking their thumbs, and carrying their blankies are the ones that don’t face reality…but rather live in their little imaginary dream world….regarding the football program and including the football program as evidenced by it’s own lack of loyalty as evidenced by players transferring and assistant coaches moving on. = Program Instability = Losing Records as evidenced by win loss history.

23 hours ago, TTT said:

The only ones crying, sucking their thumbs, and carrying their blankies are the ones that don’t face reality…but rather live in their little imaginary dream world….regarding the football program and including the football program as evidenced by it’s own lack of loyalty as evidenced by players transferring and assistant coaches moving on. = Program Instability = Losing Records as evidenced by win loss history.

Image result for intervention tv show logo

On 12/27/2022 at 9:40 AM, TTT said:

I, too, love lamp.

On 12/27/2022 at 10:40 AM, TTT said:

Little imaginary dream world sounds kinda nice. I'll take 1 admission ticket please.