Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Maybe that should let people understand the kind of talent we had... MAC talent. 

uhhh exactly why we got Williams instead of Swinton. Good call! 

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Grab the guy who as a freshman started at WR for Clemson in the national semi-final (4 catches, 80 yards and a TD) and the national championship game (5 catches, 45 yards) ... and lose Swinton?

Yes, I know that thereafter EJ Williams got injured and passed on the Clemson depth chart, but it is more than safe to say that is a massive upgrade.

Not much more to be said than the bold. I had no idea he did that. Insanely impressive. 

I like what we are doing with the portal. Trying to compete with the top programs for high school kids is never going to work out in sufficient numbers for us to be competitive. Our best bet is getting good players looking for a fresh start.

Just now, VPC said:

Daeh McCullongh coming out of "medical retirement" and into the tp... what a joke.

Not Daeh. The first one, whatever his name is. I am glad we are rid of that family, though. "Me first" isn't who we need around. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not Daeh. The first one, whatever his name is. I am glad we are rid of that family, though. "Me first" isn't who we need around. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right Deland Jr... but yes I'm glad he is off our books. 

We haven’t exactly brought in second or third string guys from better programs who’ve killed it here. Maybe Williams changes that. I’ll believe it when I see it. He had success with Trevor Lawrence throwing to him behind 5 offensive lineman who were drafted in the NFL too.

15 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

We haven’t exactly brought in second or third string guys from better programs who’ve killed it here. Maybe Williams changes that. I’ll believe it when I see it. He had success with Trevor Lawrence throwing to him behind 5 offensive lineman who were drafted in the NFL too.

That's completely fair to say. The front 5 has been atrocious that might ultimately be the nail in the coffin for CTA's job. His stubbornness to keep Hiller on staff not only caused the current situation IUFB is in but also (I could be wrong) from what I understand chemistry problems (coaches leaving) among the coaching staff. Folks on here have already pointed out that when Hiller was let go the front 5 started to improve. It really is the make or break component of the team this coming year. 

Personally I have a different view or angle with IUFB. It is what it is and my expectations of them isn't really a high bar. I'm happy if they beat that other B1G team in the state just a few miles north of Bloomington. I'm ecstatic if they end up .500. And anything else (more wins than losses) I'm to the moon.

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/samsarver_/status/1616505412626399233

can’t get this to embed, but am I seeing this correctly, he’s kicking it from 50 and it looks like it’s good by 20? 

I removed the mobile off the link. A soccer player dare join the dark side???

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

This is fantastic news. 

Yes it is. It also speaks to medical advancement and our perception of it that even 15 yrs ago I would have wondered how long he’d be out and if he’d get 100% back to now when it never occurred to me that a kid blowing out an ACL in October wouldn’t be ready for game 1. That’s kind of nuts.