Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Let’s assume B1G looking to go to 20 teams  

pick the 4 teams you want to add.

I’ll go Arizona, Oregon, Kansas, Notre Dame

Big Money programs that keep the West Central theme going.  good to great football programs minus an Indiana like Kansas.  

Great basketball programs.  

others bouncing through my mind, Mizzou, Colorado, Washington, California, Baylor, Stanford, Virginia, Syracuse, Pittsburgh.  

part of me would want Virginia over Kansas but not likely Virginia would separate from VaTech.  

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Big Money programs that keep the West Central theme going.  good to great football programs minus an Indiana like Kansas.  

others bouncing through my mind, Mizzou, Colorado, Washington, California, Baylor, Stanford, Virginia, Syracuse, Pittsburgh.  

part of me would want Virginia over Kansas but not likely Virginia would separate from VaTech.  

Oregon, Washington, Standford and ND.

I hate expansion and rather have 10 teams than 20 but that will not ever happen

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Arizona and Kansas both have garbage football programs. 

Considering it is football generated first, I say they are done with the west, I say Baylor & Oklahoma St from the southwest and Miami & Clemson from the South!  My gut tells me it is about getting tv regional areas!

Good thought. Maybe it ends up being 24 teams.

In that case I’ll go

Arizona, Oregon to go with the west teams.

Mizzou, Colorado, Kansas, Baylor for central.

Miami, Florida State, Virginia, Clemson for South.

However, I think the SEC will be looking to control the South and will be fighting for the 4 mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Good thought. Maybe it ends up being 24 teams.

In that case I’ll go

Arizona, Oregon to go with the west teams.

Mizzou, Colorado, Kansas, Baylor for central.

Miami, Florida State, Virginia, Clemson for South.

However, I think the SEC will be looking to control the South and will be fighting for the 4 mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

At what point is a conference no longer a conference and becomes just a loose association of teams. We haven't had a true, in my mind, conference champion since we quit playing each team twice. I have no idea how that gets sorted out in an equitable manner.

Expansion will consider BB prowess, but the driver will be mostly FB status and market viewership.

Anyway, my two cents in order of want

1. Notre Dame - easily the biggest prize.
    • NBC, who owns the ND rights through 2025, is making a huge push to outbid Fox and ESPN for the B10 rights expiring soon.
    • Will ND forget about the history of B10 rejections, and Yost's lies?
  2. Oregon
    • good in BB and FB
    • softens the travel issues with USC and UCLA
  3. A Florida team.
    • Don't care if it's FSU or Miami.
    • Get the market. Get the fertile recruiting ground.
    • Both have FB histories, and decent in BB. 
  4. A Texas team
    • TAMU left the big B12 to get away from UT. Now UT is joining. TAMU might be willing to jump from the SEC. 
    • Baylor - good in BB and FB. 
    • Get the market, get the recruiting geo, with either team. Helps with western footprint/travel too. 
    • Houston is dark horse. Good in BB, rising in FB, huge market. 
  5. A Carolina team (don't care, UNC or Clemson)
  6. ASU - nice market, helps with the travel of other West teams
  7. Washington - nice market, helps with travel. 

• Other comments
    • Kansas stinks at FB. Horrid. And the market is just not huge. 
    • Louisville makes geo sense, decent FB at times, good BB, but the market is small. 
    • Cinci is kinda in the same space as Louisville. 
    • Stanford - BB and FB are declining. Fan enthusiasm is horrible, so not sure there's a big win in terms of market. 

30 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Stanford, Oregon, UNC, and Notre Dame.

Surprised that Notre Dame isn't in the AAU.

AAU isn't the end all be all. And heck, Nebraska was kicked out of the AAU lol. 

Some schools simply don't care. And IIRC, a lot of has to do with federal grant money for research. ND has a huge war chest, and big boosters. They don't care. 

But there are several colleges considered good academically that aren't. ND, Dartmouth, Boston U, Wake, Georgetown, etc.. 

And if you look at different college rankings, there are a lot non-AAU schools ranked higher than than AAU schools.

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Listen... F ND and they should never be allowed in our conference. I hope every conference denies them admittance and their phony football program dies off. 

This is not the 70s and 80s.

2022 FB Recruit Rank - ND #7

2023 FB Recruit Rank - ND #1

Kids seem to be buying the phony in the 2020s. 

1 hour ago, Southside said:

Yup. I'd take ASU before AZ.

Better FB, same market. 

ASU is also the more popular of the two, at least in Phoenix (where I live).

If be happy with either two but ASU would also be my preference. I'll admit that part of the reason is selfish since it's much closer to me. 

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

ASU is also the more popular of the two, at least in Phoenix (where I live).

If be happy with either two but ASU would also be my preference. I'll admit that part of the reason is selfish since it's much closer to me. 

Yup. I spent a ton of time out in E Mesa on business many moons ago. We had an apartment out there off Superstition Hwy...., spent a ton of time in Tempe every week. Loved that area, and agree, ASU was easily the fav around Phoenix. 

Just read a few articles on the current landscape....

• Many are saying the PAC is ready to implode. While talking about unity, etc. to each other, internally they're all in panic mode.
  • Seen several articles saying the B12 will likely go after the AZ teams, if they haven't made the call already.
  • A lot of folks think a PAC/B12 merger is the most logical outcome

Overall, once the ND domino falls, you have to think the B10 will raid the PAC, B12, and ACC for 3-4 more teams, likely at least one more coming from the PAC. And the SEC is likely on the phone to ACC schools. Guessing we'll end up with the SEC and B10 having 20 each, and a PAC/B12 merger of 20 teams. What's left of the ACC likely to fade away or cobble something together with the AAC. 

Fun stuff lol

4 hours ago, Southside said:

AAU isn't the end all be all. And heck, Nebraska was kicked out of the AAU lol. 

Some schools simply don't care. And IIRC, a lot of has to do with federal grant money for research. ND has a huge war chest, and big boosters. They don't care. 

But there are several colleges considered good academically that aren't. ND, Dartmouth, Boston U, Wake, Georgetown, etc.. 

And if you look at different college rankings, there are a lot non-AAU schools ranked higher than than AAU schools.

But yet... they're at best.... the 6th best team in the sec ...... 

I went to ND vs VA tech two years ago....... absolutely the most miserable GameDay experience of my life. I've never seen a more pathetic crowd than the one I saw in South Bend. Tailgating sucked, literally Purdues is better....... but yeah.... theyre elite? Somehow hahaha... no. 

No they aren't. Cinci beat them...... at home. Absolute scrubs. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But yet... they're at best.... the 6th best team in the sec ...... 

I went to ND vs VA tech two years ago....... absolutely the most miserable GameDay experience of my life. I've never seen a more pathetic crowd than the one I saw in South Bend. Tailgating sucked, literally Purdues is better....... but yeah.... theyre elite? Somehow hahaha... no. 

No they aren't. Cinci beat them...... at home. Absolute scrubs. 

I've been to 20+ IU FB games, 20+ PU games, and 20+ ND games in my life. My father had ND season tix to ND for years when I was a kid. I had IU and ND season tix for several years before moving south. My best friend is a PU grad, and I've taken him to my games, and he's taken me to his. If you think IU or PU has a better FB game day than ND, not sure what to tell you. 

6th best... lol. They played UGA to a one score game twice in the last 5 years, which is better than most. They got clobbered by Bama a few times, but so did every one else. 

But hey, the B10 is praying that the 6th best SEC teams joins the B10 lol..

And Cinci is a pretty dumb example too. They were undefeated last season. Beat IU at IU too. And Cinci almost knocked off UGA the year before.