Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PG Boogie Fland to Kentucky

I will say if I were a top recruit, I think I'd forgo the whole announcement date ceremony.  Rarely is it an actual edge of your seat surprise.  Not sure who is releasing the info -- someone from the family, the school, the media -- but putting hats on a table when people know what you are picking up is pretty silly.

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Cool.  Guess we never should have taken Eric Gordon when he flipped from Illinois.

I wouldn't have considered IU either if Mike Davis was the coach recruiting me.

Again, completely different set of circumstances my man. 

Edited by IndyResident16

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

No one that covers recruiting ever said that the IU staff felt confident. None.   Most said that the staff knew they were in a heavyweight fight and that it could go either way and was not pumping out confidence.   I say it every time to gather all the information you can from tons of places then sift through the others.   Not once during this commitment did I ever view it as a battle.  Never did I see it as IU way out front or Kentucky way out front.   It was a battle and the kid made a choice.  Stinks but happens 

The staff being confident doesn't mean they think he's a lock or that they landed him. It just means they think they have a good chance. They put a lot of effort into this recruitment so feeling confident would be understandable.