Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PG Boogie Fland to Kentucky

Not sure how the staff resets.  They put so much into into this they missed out on pretty much everyone else.  McNeeley is a great addition, but adding Fland on top of that is how we need to be recruiting to get where we should expect to be.

This is a kick in the gut for sure. As I said earlier, I am happy the staff went all in. However, I do think there should have been back up plans they prioritized. Queen isn't a must get by any means, but it's a major disappointment to land just 1 of these 3. They're capable of hitting the portal but this one stings. 

5 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Trilly has been wrong before... Just sayin.

Obviously not a positive indicator, but the official announcement is at 2pm tomorrow. We'll find out then. 

It’s not just trilly.  These other folks aren’t changing picks based on trilly.  We didn’t come thru with our NiL package 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That Noah Anderson kid was right afterall. Calipari stole one from us.

I’m Curious how Liam is feeling? Queen is a longshot, and Liam wants a team with a shot to win it all. Gonna need to find some pieces in the transfer portal. I don’t think we have an in on any remaining 24s.

Maybe we can coax some other Montverde kids.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I would be shocked if Liam has any second thoughts. He knew all along there were no guarantees and has leaned Indiana for months. All the experts have said IU would win Liam recruitment and lose the others. 

I am sure Liam would have loved more to come with him but was perfectly happy to come on his own or he would not have committed.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This is a kick in the gut for sure. As I said earlier, I am happy the staff went all in. However, I do think there should have been back up plans they prioritized. Queen isn't a must get by any means, but it's a major disappointment to land just 1 of these 3. They're capable of hitting the portal but this one stings. 

I wanted Fland more than Queen tbh.  Guard play wins in March and we have post players with Ware, Reneau and Sparks.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

It’s not just trilly.  These other folks aren’t changing picks based on trilly.  We didn’t come thru with our NiL package 

I'm really not trying to be pedantic, but is that speculation or rooted in some sort of factual source? Maybe I'm just being obtuse and we got outbid plain and simple, and it's obvious to see... I feel like NIL has been considered a strength of ours, so if one of the 3 recruits we prioritized in 2024 isn't getting that investment (when we just saw Kel'El and Mgbako presumably get it) just doesn't add up to me. 

1 minute ago, TeeterInNJ said:

I'm really not trying to be pedantic, but is that speculation or rooted in some sort of factual source? Maybe I'm just being obtuse and we got outbid plain and simple, and it's obvious to see... I feel like NIL has been considered a strength of ours, so if one of the 3 recruits we prioritized in 2024 isn't getting that investment (when we just saw Kel'El and Mgbako presumably get it) just doesn't add up to me. 

Brass Cannon is talking just to talk.  He has no idea what's going on with our NIL.

Sounds like Cupps, Galloway, Gunn, Newton will be our mainstays for ‘24. Maybe it’s not so bad but stacking classes is what big boys do.

Our staff was fully confident. They got the rug pulled out from underneath them on this one. They didn’t see it coming. AHoward was confident until this evening.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sounds like Cupps, Galloway, Gunn, Newton will be our mainstays for ‘24. Maybe it’s not so bad but stacking classes is what big boys do.

Our staff was fully confident. They got the rug pulled out from underneath them on this one. They didn’t see it coming. AHoward was confident until this evening.

Are we sure he isn't still?

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Cupps et al are good pieces, you need those kind of players that stick around and provide experience.  We need to be stacking 5* talent though to compete with the big boys.

5 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Brass Cannon is talking just to talk.  He has no idea what's going on with our NIL.

The name of the game in college basketball has been $$$ despite how much our fanbase has denied it for decades.  We may have had a competitive offer but if your are putting all the eggs in one basket you better have an offer they can’t say no to.