Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

Myles Rice "Woody? He's treated me like his grandson. He's not really one of my grandfathers but I consider him one of my grandfathers." 

Gallo: Eyebrows up. Side eye to Myles. Trying to contain laughter.

Aye caramba! Kinda makes me wish Dusty May (or Micah) would be the coach.

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Myles Rice "Woody? He's treated me like his grandson. He's not really one of my grandfathers but I consider him one of my grandfathers." 

I specifically watched it to see Gallo's reaction.....lol All he did was start grinning when Rice mentioned Woodson feeling like a grandpa.... Galloway's reaction was totally of, "yep, that's how he treats us all, like one of his own."

Just now, Artie86 said:

I specifically watched it to see Gallo's reaction.....lol All he did was start grinning when Rice mentioned Woodson feeling like a grandpa.... Galloway's reaction was totally of, "yep, that's how he treats us all, like one of his own."

I thought Gallo's reaction was more along the lines of "Oh sh!t; Myles just called Woody really old on national tv!"

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I thought Gallo's reaction was more along the lines of "Oh sh!t; Myles just called Woody really old on national tv!"

lol.....That's hillarious! I didn't think about that one....

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I mean, he might as well embrace it.  He’s literally a grandpa, plus his persona, age and gait fit the billing. As much as I look forward to this years roster, and I do, it’s also hard not to wonder what kind of timeline Woody is thinking.  I think 3 years including this year if successful. 

sidenote, someone tell Barrell Rick that Hurley will bolt for an east coast NBA job after this season and UConn will be flailing.  Might as well commit to Indiana in the fall than waiting to decommit from UConn in the Spring/Summer when Hurley NBAs. 

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This from Woody today was sweet music to my ears.

Mike Woodson on Jakai Newton:

“He can’t go every day, and that’s because we won’t allow him to go everyday. The days he’s been out there, he’s been pretty impressive.

“Probably the most only explosive athlete on our team playing above the rim.”

Fixed that for you... and Woody.

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This from Woody today was sweet music to my ears.

Mike Woodson on Jakai Newton:

“He can’t go every day, and that’s because we won’t allow him to go everyday. The days he’s been out there, he’s been pretty impressive.

“Probably the most explosive athlete on our team playing above the rim.”

Exactly the kind of thing I’ve been waiting to hear. Newton has been an afterthought for many bc of his injury, and not saying those remaining injury questions aren’t warranted, but man this kid is a real talent, so hoping he comes into the season healthy and stays healthy, lots of potential, and we’ve already seen him in a red jersey in practice 

Jeezus ... Jockitch is an angry, angry, angry, angry man. 

https://x.com/dandakich/status/1841930390451130435

I mean it sounds horrible, and it may not be correlation or causation but Indiana hasn’t won enough to shut him up. Hopefully we have a great season this year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I hadn't even noticed Rice's fingernails until Dakich brought it up. Imagine attacking a couple college basketball players for wearing suits to media day. What a sad, pathetic little man he's become. 

He is irrelevant at this point. Old man yelling about painted nails. Yawn.