Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’ve had comcast forever and it was free at the beginning but got a message months ago right before football started that it  would stop being free.   They offered a reduced price for their existing customers.  Maybe you got a new customer deal 

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

I have Comcast/Xfinity but don't get it free

Seriously?  I thought it was all Comcast/Xfinity.  Maybe it’s just regional 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

You did until about 6 months ago.  That’s when they stopped offering it free for Xfinity users 

Never really tried to watch it much. I knew early in the baseball season I did watch a Reds game. I hope the quality of the picture .is better now because for the baseball game it was horrible. It would freeze a lot

Courtesy of the Big Ten, you have to have a Peacock subscription to watch 12 of men's and women's games.  Currently there is a Black Friday special for those interested.
From now through Monday, November 27, the Peacock Premium subscription is discounted. The monthly Premium subscription is $1.99 plus tax (normally $5.99 plus tax) and the annual Premium subscription is $19.99 plus tax (normally $59.99 plus tax).
Full story at:  https://www.insidethehall.com/2023/11/22/sign-up-for-peacocks-black-friday-deal-to-save-on-watching-12-iu-basketball-games-this-season/?fbclid=IwAR3fmnwSWSP7LOAoO-NUZS_kor8-at3WaTN0PJJJaGi570TXoR2Laf8Rues

Here’s a listing of the IU men’s and women’s basketball games on Peacock this season:
Men’s 
Date Time (ET) Matchup
Tues., Dec. 5, 9 p.m. – Indiana vs. Michigan
Tues., Jan. 9, 7 p.m. – Indiana vs. Rutgers
Tues., Jan. 16, 7 p.m. – Purdue vs. Indiana
Tues., Feb. 6, 7 p.m. – Indiana vs. Ohio State
Tues., Feb. 27, 7 p.m. – Wisconsin vs. Indiana
Women’s 
Date Time (ET) Matchup
Wed., Jan. 17, 7 p.m. – Minnesota at Indiana
Sun., Jan. 21, 2 p.m. – Indiana at Purdue
Wed., Jan. 31, 7 p.m. – Indiana at Maryland
Thurs., Feb. 8, 7 p.m. – Michigan State at Indiana
Wed., Feb. 14, 8 p.m. – Indiana at Wisconsin
Thurs., Feb. 22, 8 p.m. – Iowa at Indiana
Sun., Mar. 3, 4 p.m. – Maryland at Indiana

I've been subscribed to Peacock for a while. The thing that sucks about this for me is all the men's games are on a Tuesday and with the exception of 1 game? They're all at 7. Meeting start time at the Shrine, which has Spectrum and horrible wifi? 7 pm. 🤬

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

As an FYI -- and I don't know if this is happening on all Roku devices, but it does mine -- on all my devices except Roku, I can do the $1.99 option.  The Roku device only gives a three month $2.99 option for three months and then changes to $5.99 and it gives no option for a promo code.  Also, when I create an account on my laptop, Roku tells me that it does not recognize my user name or password.  Not sure if Roku is trying to force me to create a Peacock account there, but am not seeing any option to allow me to create the $1.99 option and then use it on Roku.  For now, I've created an account will watch on my laptop -- although I can log on to the same account I created on my phone, other laptops, Roku isn't recognizing the account.

10 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

As an FYI -- and I don't know if this is happening on all Roku devices, but it does mine -- on all my devices except Roku, I can do the $1.99 option.  The Roku device only gives a three month $2.99 option for three months and then changes to $5.99 and it gives no option for a promo code.  Also, when I create an account on my laptop, Roku tells me that it does not recognize my user name or password.  Not sure if Roku is trying to force me to create a Peacock account there, but am not seeing any option to allow me to create the $1.99 option and then use it on Roku.  For now, I've created an account will watch on my laptop -- although I can log on to the same account I created on my phone, other laptops, Roku isn't recognizing the account.

Earlier this year I bought a smart Samsung flat screen tv.  Set aside my older Roku stick.

Just got it out and tried to get Peacock and BTN+ and read here about the 'deal'.  Set aside my older Roku stick.

I just got Peacock, too.  And cancelled my BTN+, gladly.

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

So is this $1.99/mo Peacock deal a monthly rate for as long as you have the subscription?

If so, that might be too good of a deal to pass up as long as new contract is required.

Pretty sure that’s only good for 12 months 

23 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Already set my calendar reminder to cancel on 11/20/2024.

Then re-subscribe with a different email address on Black Friday, 2024.

You don't need to wait until then to cancel, at least if you did the year subscription. You can cancel now and will still have access for the next year. That's what I did.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Andrae Patterson is a class act, a complete post-playing days success, and a proud alum. Great stuff.

Absolutely. And because he got there just as RMK's peak began to ebb, he kind of got lost in IUBB history a little. That dude was a really good player.