Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

He has to make a huge splash in the portal this year or it’s over for him before it started. You can just feel the lack of energy around the program. There’s something heavy hanging over us and I can’t figure out what it is. 

I hope like hell Matta has been scouting potential portal player aggressively.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

He has to make a huge splash in the portal this year or it’s over for him before it started. You can just feel the lack of energy around the program. There’s something heavy hanging over us and I can’t figure out what it is. 

Tournament or bust next year.  I doubt he will recover if they miss out again

Archie's failure brought the program down to historic lows. Woodson keeping several of his players on including tjd kept optimism high. He is failing with what is deemed to be ok talent. It's arguable though how good any of them truly are. Most feel tournament bid though and we are losing our way out of that. 5 game losing streaks and counting don't work at iu. Unless like crean when your totally rebuilding it pretty unexcusable

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He’s been to one FF where he got worked by Mike Davis. He has less success in the NBA than Woody. 

If that’s your idea of phenomenal, then ok. 

I don’t care what he did in the NBA, IU doesn’t play in the NBA. And anyway, Sampson was never a head coach in the NBA and was only there because he couldn’t coach in college.

Sampson has won 68% of his games in college. He’s won over 600 games in his career. He’s won the Big 12 1x, the Big 12 tournament 3x, the AAC 2x, and the AAC tournament once. He’s been to two final fours, three elite eights, and four sweet 16s. He’s turned Houston into a regular top 10 team. He’s an outstanding college coach. I would much rather have him as our coach than Woodson.

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

That was bizarre. I was yelling at the tv. Couldn’t believe how slowly he brought the ball up.

X is a bone head!  Has been most of the season.  Doesn’t have a good basketball IQ and let’s his emotions dictate his play.  We don’t have players who can make winning plays during crunch time and that starts with your point guard.  

16 minutes ago, Trish said:

If Woodson can’t get it done then it’s going to take a Brad Stevens hire to even get the alumni to support. Indiana Basketball is on life support. 

Maybe Woody can lead the boys the the first ever tournament championship? 

Brad Jesus Stevens ain’t coming.  It’s Woody or bust.  We just don’t have the horses right now.  Even Woodson said in a recent presser they where struggling with the ball screen offense.   

Just now, mark1981 said:

Tournament or bust next year.  I doubt he will recover if they miss out again

This years team was a tournament team. Easily. We are going to win AT BEST 1 more game this season. What an epic collapse. A good enough coaching staff can avoid these types of failures. 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

The time for that hire was last spring when alumni bought Archie out under the impression they had a chance at Stevens. It’s over for IU. Has been for awhile. 

Let’s just agree not to mention that again. Ever. Embarrassing for IU the way they got played, and I already had a low opinion of our administration.   

For all the wishing about Brad Stevens, IU blew it with Tony Bennett and family at some point which sucks. He would’ve been a perfect fit.  

Let’s hope Woody has a few tricks up his sleeve. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t care what he did in the NBA, IU doesn’t play in the NBA. And anyway, Sampson was never a head coach in the NBA and was only there because he couldn’t coach in college.

Sampson has won 68% of his games in college. He’s won over 600 games in his career. He’s won the Big 12 1x, the Big 12 tournament 3x, the AAC 2x, and the AAC tournament once. He’s been to two final fours, three elite eights, and four sweet 16s. He’s turned Houston into a regular top 10 team. He’s an outstanding college coach.

IU doesn’t play in the AAC either. Completely irrelevant. Nor the Big 12 or Pac 10 for that matter.  

He’s not good enough to handle the prime time. He proved that while he was here. 

He’s a great mid major coach. He should stay there. Like Archie. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sampson has won 68% of his games in college. He’s won over 600 games in his career. He’s won the Big 12 1x, the Big 12 tournament 3x, the AAC 2x, and the AAC tournament once. He’s been to two final fours, three elite eights, and four sweet 16s. He’s turned Houston into a regular top 10 team. He’s an outstanding college coach.

He’s a good coach but he broke the rules and got us on probation which set us back plus his players were troublemakers and many had drug problems.  That is a coach who should have never been hired at IU in the first place.  What he did to this university, I can’t believe people wanted him back.  He’s the primary reason we are in this mess in the first place.

8 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I agree with that. I do think with 5 sec like that you try and get to half court and get a TO.  

Letting XJ go is just settling for an XJ shot which is not ideal. 

Every organized team I was a part of from middle school on practiced a variety of common special situations, e.g. tie game, # seconds left, length of the court. Could’ve tried to get a TO but you also HAVE to trust the guys on the floor to know you just need one good, quick, push-it-up and one or zero passes, shot. A fourth year PG forgot that, moments after he forgot to guard his man and put a forward in rotation as a result

17 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He’s been to one FF where he got worked by Mike Davis. He has less success in the NBA than Woody. 

If that’s your idea of phenomenal, then ok. 

Sampson literally made a FF last season. Lol. His 2nd with 2 programs. And he would have made multiple with Indiana. He was absolutely rolling on the recruiting side of things and had the team playing top 10 basketball. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Not happening.

The type of transfers we need aren't going to a school that hasn't made the tournament since 2016. They want to win now. 

Arizona, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina type of programs eat first, then we're left trying to solve our problems with the Evan Fitzners of the world.

Don't convince yourself we're going to find some under the radar player who comes in averaging 18 and 12 next year. 

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

He’s a good coach but he broke the rules and got us on probation which set us back plus his players were troublemakers and many had drug problems.  That is a coach who should have never been hired at IU in the first place.  What he did to this university, I can’t believe people wanted him back.  He’s the primary reason we are in this mess in the first place.

No self reporting and gutting ourselves is why we are in this mess these wounds are self inflicted. 

And literally anything bad Sampsons kids did Creans teams did worse.  

32 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

IU HC is like a union gig. 

Doesn’t matter if you fall asleep during training and don’t do the work.  Your gonna be around a long time 

Hey, I’ve got 6 hrs in and 10hrs left to go on my union job. I’m going to go ahead and bed down for the night and when I get fired, I’ll tell them Brass Cannon on BTown Banners said it was okay and that I wouldn’t get fired.