Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

A poster on ITH said a good friend of his, from Bloomington, told him Trayce and Race are signing a new lease, and will be back. 

He said, at this point,  take it for what it is: a rumor.

A man can dream!

Plus, I would love nothing more, than JG developing into a wing. 

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah I was kind of told that something would be happening this week. Was hoping it would have been by now

In your opinion, IF TJD and Race come back...what would your guess be on the chances JG comes back also. I've heard that people think that IF Race and TJD return, he will leave for minutes. (Sorry if you've already answered)  

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If…IF we have a lineup of Trayce, Race, JG, JHS, and X? With Tamar, Trey, Kopp, and more off the bench?

The sky would be the absolute limit in year two of the Woodson era.

Not only that, it would speak volumes about how our best players feel about the staff.

I would feel much better about that than if XJ & TJD left.....but that roster still seems to lack shooting. 

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If…IF we have a lineup of Trayce, Race, JG, JHS, and X? With Tamar, Trey, Kopp, and more off the bench?

Not only that, it would speak volumes about how our best players feel about the staff.

That's my ideal starting 5 as well! Let the depth, from game to game, decide who the finishing 5 will be.

Add a Sparks, or a "shooter" from the portal, and this team could be very dangerous come March!

Plus, excited to see Banks. He will be what CMW's teams will look like in the future.

14 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I would absolutely love it if TJD and Race came back, but somehow JG would start over Race. Feels like a pipedream, but I think that frontcourt would be nasty. 

I believe they can play together.  They both both made enough 3's to at least keep the defense honest. Plus, it would still be as good of a threat than our wings last year. I also believe the key is TJD developing at least a midrange game. We need the lane opened up a little more , for our penetrators. 

I could even see some JHS on the block, a few possessions a game.

28 minutes ago, cleeter said:

In your opinion, IF TJD and Race come back...what would your guess be on the chances JG comes back also. I've heard that people think that IF Race and TJD return, he will leave for minutes. (Sorry if you've already answered)  

I’m not sure but hopefully he can be talked into it. As some others have said try him at the 3 and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I’m not sure but hopefully he can be talked into it. As some others have said try him at the 3 and see what happens.

Considering he has 3 years left of eligibility I can see him staying and seeing what happens next year. No matter what I think he at least sees close to 20 minutes. 

Yeah I was kind of told that something would be happening this week. Was hoping it would have been by now

Do players have to declare still if they are going to test the NBA waters, get feedback etc or can they just get that now. I remember TJD not bothering with this last year but can’t remember many announcements from kids at other schools deciding to test the waters but not hire an agent.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, 8bucks said:

Do players have to declare still if they are going to test the NBA waters, get feedback etc or can they just get that now. I remember TJD not bothering with this last year but can’t remember many announcements from kids at other schools deciding to test the waters but not hire an agent.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes. In order to work out for NBA teams they have to declare. That's why I'd be kind of surprised if he doesn't declare just to see. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That would make me very very happy but still would like to get a proven shooter. Even if it's in a Zeisloft like role.