Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

3 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

Not the same. Duke and North Carolina are coming off final 4 appearances and will have better teams than uva. Wouldn’t want to play them nearly as much if they weren’t projected to be top 10 teams. The brand name/history adds something extra to them just being a quality opponent. 

Close enough.  The point is we should be more self aware than this. 

4 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

Not the same. Duke and North Carolina are coming off final 4 appearances and will have better teams than uva. Wouldn’t want to play them nearly as much if they weren’t projected to be top 10 teams. The brand name/history adds something extra to them just being a quality opponent. 

Virginia has literally won a title more recently. And Virginia could easily have a better team than them this year 

Wonder if the fans of Duke and UNC saying the same thing about IU that we are saying about playing UVA.  They probably say that playing IU is not as good as playing UM or MSU or OSU

9 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

Fair enough. They better release the matchups this week, so this discussion is irrelevant.

Based on the dates last year, Gavit Games should be announced on Thursday and ACC/B1G on Monday of next week. I'm going to guess @ Creighton and North Carolina. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Based on the dates last year, Gavit Games should be announced on Thursday and ACC/B1G on Monday of next week. I'm going to guess @ Creighton and North Carolina. 

Thank you. I was just about ready to start digging on the same.

I'm going with Villanova since we played Creighton already.

Agree on UNC. My head is whispering UVA though.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Virginia has literally won a title more recently. And Virginia could easily have a better team than them this year 

There is literally no possible way you could actually believe UVa has been a better program than UNC who has made 3 national title games in that span and won one. 

7 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There is literally no possible way you could actually believe UVa has been a better program than UNC who has made 3 national title games in that span and won one. 

Making a title game isn’t the only determining factor for the quality of a team.  Or guess you think the 2002 team was a bigger success than the 75 team 

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Making a title game isn’t the only determining factor for the quality of a team.  Or guess you think the 2002 team was a bigger success than the 75 team 

Virginia has only won 6 more games than UNC overall in the last 10 years. Only 6. They've won those 5 conference titles, UNC has won 3. So are those 6 wins and 2 conference titles enough to overtake 2 more NCAA tourney appearances? 2 more Final Fours? 2 more national title appearances?

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Virginia has only won 6 more games than UNC overall in the last 10 years. Only 6. They've won those 5 conference titles, UNC has won 3. So are those 6 wins and 2 conference titles enough to overtake 2 more NCAA tourney appearances? 2 more Final Fours? 2 more national title appearances?

Yes. Winning 2 more of something is better than being the first loser in something.  And once again. That was a completely different coach.  

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder if the fans of Duke and UNC saying the same thing about IU that we are saying about playing UVA.  They probably say that playing IU is not as good as playing UM or MSU or OSU

Probably. But then I remember when we had some Duke fans over on HSN back when Crean had IU on the upswing and they would post things like college bball needs IU relevant again. So ... we're getting relevant again, I tend to think the Dukes and UNC's see us coming. :)

IU v. UNC would objectively be a much bigger matchup and I don’t think anyone can honestly disagree.

UVA has been nice the past decade or so. IU and UNC are two of the most storied programs in college basketball. 11 national championships between the 2 schools. It would bring lots of eyeballs to the television. IU v. UVA doesn’t have the same draw. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU v. UNC would objectively be a much bigger matchup and I don’t think anyone can honestly disagree.

UVA has been nice the past decade or so. IU and UNC are two of the most storied programs in college basketball. 11 national championships between the 2 schools. It would bring lots of eyeballs to the television. IU v. UVA doesn’t have the same draw. 

As a fan I don’t care one iota about TV ratings.  Winning cures all and Virginia is the better team to help prepare our team to have a winning season.