Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

46 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Virginia just ain't gonna be on that level next season. They'll be a tourney team I think, but the ACC is Duke and UNC and then everyone else. Maybe Miami. We are projected to win the Big Ten. We should play one of the two best teams from the ACC. Same for the Big East. 

Virginia is like Wisconsin they are always around. Torvik has them pegged as the number 3 team in the ACC not exactly crazy they would be wrong 

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Man not having UNC or Duke come to Bloomington would be such a slap to the face. 

Playing those two teams has gotten pretty meh to me. Especially unc at home. We've seen that twice.  

I'd much prefer to play UVA at home. 

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Virginia is like Wisconsin they are always around. Torvik has them pegged as the number 3 team in the ACC not exactly crazy they would be wrong 

Well this past year the #3 ACC team was an 11 seed and in a play in game. The #4 team, Miami was a 10 seed. The #5 and #6 teams, Wake Forest and Virginia didn't make the tourney. The ACC tourney champs, Virginia Tech we're an 11 seed. Even UNC was an 8 seed and finished 2nd. A lot of that had to do with just how bad the ACC was throughout the season. They performed well in the tourney but I don't consider that to be the end all, be all of how good teams are. A lot will be about how ACC teams perform in the OOC, but I wouldn't expect much outside of Duke, UNC and maybe Miami. We are expected to finish Top 3 in the B1G and a Top 4 seed. So it'd be nice to play another similar type team. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Playing those two teams has gotten pretty meh to me. Especially unc at home. We've seen that twice.  

I'd much prefer to play UVA at home. 

We have twice in the last ten years. And we've played them both times we had stud center returning and going into the season Top 15... Zellers group smoked em by 24 and Bryant's group beat them by 9.... Hopefully this season goes more in the direction of Zellers than Bryant's though...

48 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well this past year the #3 ACC team was an 11 seed and in a play in game. The #4 team, Miami was a 10 seed. The #5 and #6 teams, Wake Forest and Virginia didn't make the tourney. The ACC tourney champs, Virginia Tech we're an 11 seed. Even UNC was an 8 seed and finished 2nd. A lot of that had to do with just how bad the ACC was throughout the season. They performed well in the tourney but I don't consider that to be the end all, be all of how good teams are. A lot will be about how ACC teams perform in the OOC, but I wouldn't expect much outside of Duke, UNC and maybe Miami. We are expected to finish Top 3 in the B1G and a Top 4 seed. So it'd be nice to play another similar type team. 

And Virginia is expected to be a top 3 team in the ACC so literally they are similar.  Lol

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We have twice in the last ten years. And we've played them both times we had stud center returning and going into the season Top 15... Zellers group smoked em by 24 and Bryant's group beat them by 9.... Hopefully this season goes more in the direction of Zellers than Bryant's though...

That's more than enough, for me. 

34 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Similar to us? Nah. That sounds like a failure of a season on our part. 

I've seen them ranked top 20 in some pre-season rankings, so yeah I would say they are pretty similar to us (pretty consistently ranked ~15). Plus the Armaan Franklin storyline would be an interesting one.

12 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I've seen them ranked top 20 in some pre-season rankings, so yeah I would say they are pretty similar to us (pretty consistently ranked ~15). Plus the Armaan Franklin storyline would be an interesting one.

I wonder what kind of treatment he would get in a Bloomington return... But I still think math up wise, marketing wise, money wise, TV eating wise... Indiana-Virginia would be a snoozer(in multiple ways) compared to IU-UNC or IU-Duke. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wonder what kind of treatment he would get in a Bloomington return... But I still think math up wise, marketing wise, money wise, TV eating wise... Indiana-Virginia would be a snoozer(in multiple ways) compared to IU-UNC or IU-Duke. 

IU Duke was absolutely a snoozer the last time we played at Cameron. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not to mention ratings have little to do with the actual quality of the games 

UNC-Illinois

Duke-MSU

IU-Virginia 

Would all be big name matchups that would draw rankings 

No one outside of IU-Virginia fans would care about that game. It's like settling for Butler or ND in the Crossroads again. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

We're definitely not too good for UVA. 

No, not too good but who actually wants to watch that s***? I think we can hope for a little better than what will amount to an extra game against a BIG team. It would be nice to play an entertaining game against a talented and stylistically different team. 

28 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

No, not too good but who actually wants to watch that s***? I think we can hope for a little better than what will amount to an extra game against a BIG team. It would be nice to play an entertaining game against a talented and stylistically different team. 

They're absolutely a talented team and a stylistically different team. 

Stylistically different by a lot. 

14 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No one outside of IU-Virginia fans would care about that game. It's like settling for Butler or ND in the Crossroads again. 

This isn't like a "we complain enough and we get our way" type thing. We aren't settling... if the committee gives us UVA... I will be pretty pumped. 

I mean.. @unc would intrigue me a lot more than UNC at home, have we played there since Jeff Netwon? We will have played 6 B1G/ACC games at homes.. and 3 of them will have been against unc (if we played them at home this year). yawn. 

I will appreciate getting to play a top 5 team at home, I just want to watch us play someone else. Jmo

Pretending like UVA isn't an ultra successful program right now, though, sort of confusing for me. Bennett is legit.