Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Definitely would love to add Queen but obviously doesn’t solve the pg position. I’m for always adding talent at this level though.

But we know we are losing Walker, and it's pretty likely we will be losing our starting center Ware. And we have Cupps and Gallo liekly returning as ballhandlers.

So we are pretty good on wings for 2024, but have two positions of potential need; pg and center.

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But we know we are losing Walker, and it's pretty likely we will be losing our starting center Ware. And we have Cupps and Gallo liekly returning as ballhandlers.

So we are pretty good on wings for 2024, but have two positions of potential need; pg and center.

would really like to add the pg and someone who is a big time scorer.  Dont need the scorer to be a pg, a wing or a big necc but would like to add someone who is great at hunting buckets and is very hard to defend.    

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not really sure what constitutes “a good visit”, but it’s probably fair to assume Queen didn’t answer the door in his UM hoodie. So, there’s that.

"Indiana Coach Mike Woodson had a truly mediocre visit with recruit Xxxx Xxxxxxxx today, per sources"

^^the type of quote that we will never see.^^

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I like the idea of getting a known quantity at PG in the transfer portal (assuming we can attract a top ranked one)  and seeing what Galloway and Cupps turn into this year.  The transfer portal really, really helps with roster construction.  You can go for Caleb Love types for high risk/high reward.  Mid major stars like Dingle, Abmas, Dennis.  Vets like Krissa, Mulcahy, Girard.  I'd argue it's the safer route to winning than getting the star freshman that might or might not hit.  Floor vs Ceiling argument.

+1

For a freshman point guard to be championship caliber they have to be really special, not just with talent but also with intelligence, maturity, and feel for the game. 

Freshman bigs and wings are easier to fit in.

5 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

The DHS recruitment is still a mystery to me

Yeah, he came on his visit and during the visit the media machine put out that "its not a fit" type stuff.  It was strange.  You rarely see it work that way.  Maybe it was a character thing or some immediate thing but it didn't fit the standard script.   He would have been an interesting piece to this year's team for sure, but he Galloway/Gunn would be occupying the same spot.  I think hes gonna be really good and maybe immediately.  

38 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, he came on his visit and during the visit the media machine put out that "its not a fit" type stuff.  It was strange.  You rarely see it work that way.  Maybe it was a character thing or some immediate thing but it didn't fit the standard script.   He would have been an interesting piece to this year's team for sure, but he Galloway/Gunn would be occupying the same spot.  I think hes gonna be really good and maybe immediately.  

It sucks because I also think he is going to be a really good player but I think the staff gets the benefit of the doubt on that one because it really did seem like when he was on the visit they maybe decided he isn't a good fit for the program. Obviously I have no inside knowledge of that but for it to come out during the visit it seems like it would have to be coming from our side of things.

43 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

One specific thing that demonstrates his attitude while on his IU visit: He was reposting people's pics of him at Maryland (his visit there) while meeting with IU's staff, touring facilities, etc. He didn't care to be in Bloomington and he had no tact or class. 

3 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

One specific thing that demonstrates his attitude while on his IU visit: He was reposting people's pics of him at Maryland (his visit there) while meeting with IU's staff, touring facilities, etc. He didn't care to be in Bloomington and he had no tact or class. 

Was it one of those, I know where i'm going but i'm gonna collect my OV payday?  Or was he not offered what he wanted (roles, starter, Nil, etc, etc, etc) and it was over before it started?  Whatever it was, it was over before it started, or so it seemed.  one of the odd ones

2 hours ago, ziggyiu said:

Recruits can tell coaches to not come to their school. That was over a year ago.