Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It’s like with Malik Reneau . If you get a high-level player on campus, he turns into an 18-year-old that judges the program on the entirety of what he sees during that visit.

When you get an official visit you get to rise and fall on the merits, and that’s an outstanding thing.

2 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Kentucky money will be hard to beat. Hopefully we can keep it close. 

This is probably a idiotic view but how does Kentucky continue to appeal to elite recruits with their continuous underachievement? Yes I hate KY and their success most of us might clamor for but Cal hasn't done much in years. His 2012 title team even had some of Gillespies recruits who were really the glue on that team (Darius Miller). IDK maybe I'm nuts and as an iU fan don't have much of an argument but I just don't get it.

8 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

This is probably a idiotic view but how does Kentucky continue to appeal to elite recruits with their continuous underachievement? Yes I hate KY and their success most of us might clamor for but Cal hasn't done much in years. His 2012 title team even had some of Gillespies recruits who were really the glue on that team (Darius Miller). IDK maybe I'm nuts and as an iU fan don't have much of an argument but I just don't get it.

Their recruiting, while still loaded, is far less loaded than it was a few years ago. 

18 minutes ago, Scott_b said:

As a long time Bloomington, and now Eugene Oregon resident I have to say there is no comparison between playing at the 2 schools. Yeah the Ducks have a very nice facility and there is maximum Nike stuff. Here football is king, then women's basketball, then track and field and then maybe men's basketball. This town could seemingly care less about it. And the difference in attending games is day and night. Their arena holds half of Assembly Hall and I've been to conference games with at best half the seats filled. It isn't loud ever, not an exciting environment, it just isn't in the ballpark of being at IU. Really wish Evans was visiting during games at both schools because the fan base here is weak.

And THIS is one of the reasons why we have a chance in this recruitment, as long as we get an official visit. Would be a monster plus if it was followed up in the fall by a game visit. Recruit after recruit talks about the attraction of going to a "basketball school." 

IU Basketball recruits stay at the Graduate Hotel:

Basketball Hoops as Lights

For me? Arizona and Kensucky will be tougher to beat than Oregon.

Rob Cassidy of Rivals --

Evans recent Arizona offer could be more impactful than some assume. I’d stop just short of calling the Wildcats the “leader” at this juncture, but it’s clear that they sit right beside Oregon at the top of the five-star forward’s recruitment for the time being. Next up is a visit to Indiana, but sources indicate that the Hoosiers remain a bit of a long shot to actually land Evans, who has a pair of high school teammates currently signed with Mike Woodson’s program.

Arizona head coach Tommy Lloyd has a strong relationship with Evans’ grassroots coaches at Team Durant, and Lloyd has a history recruiting skilled big men like Chet Holmgren, whom he lured to Gonzaga before leaving the school for his current post. The quickness with which Lloyd flew out to see Evans after extending a scholarship offer also resonated with the Montverde Academy star.

There’s a long way to go here, but the way things are starting to sound, I’d be shocked if Evans landed anywhere outside of Eugene, Tucson or possibly Lexington.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rob Cassidy of Rivals --

Evans recent Arizona offer could be more impactful than some assume. I’d stop just short of calling the Wildcats the “leader” at this juncture, but it’s clear that they sit right beside Oregon at the top of the five-star forward’s recruitment for the time being. Next up is a visit to Indiana, but sources indicate that the Hoosiers remain a bit of a long shot to actually land Evans, who has a pair of high school teammates currently signed with Mike Woodson’s program.

Arizona head coach Tommy Lloyd has a strong relationship with Evans’ grassroots coaches at Team Durant, and Lloyd has a history recruiting skilled big men like Chet Holmgren, whom he lured to Gonzaga before leaving the school for his current post. The quickness with which Lloyd flew out to see Evans after extending a scholarship offer also resonated with the Montverde Academy star.

There’s a long way to go here, but the way things are starting to sound, I’d be shocked if Evans landed anywhere outside of Eugene, Tucson or possibly Lexington.

I have a feeling Evans will be tough to get