Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Anthony rates even behind Pitino -- he doesn't even know how to properly acquire hookers. 

Yeah, I know about that.  But Iwould say that if some posters are willing to have a coach covering up for a rapist, that shouldn’t be a big deal.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I"d be great with a guy like Beilein if we can bring in Fife and create a transition plan so we're not in this scenario in 5 years.

Beilein would not even consider taking the job unless he could hire his own assistants, and few (if any) of them would be "Indiana guys"

12 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I know the Stevens thing is still raw, but come on. Top 10 paying job in all NCAA? Check. Among the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation? Check. Great facilities? Check. Fan support? Check. IU ain't what it once was, but it IS a good job. Doesn't mean everyone wants it, but some good coaches will. Dolson's job is to pick the right one. 

I should have clarified. I was just asking who we think wants this gig. I wasn’t being negative and presuming that no good coach wants the job. Sure....Brad ripped my ******* heart out. I told chris earlier that I promised myself that I would be happy/satisfied if we swung for the fences. It appears we did so. I have faith in Dolson. He knows what we need and I’m confident that he’s the perfect pitchman for the job. 

2 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

So, we're just kicking around names here, right?  Offer Jay Wright the same deal and see what he says.  He's an east coast guy and probably says no thanks.  But he's a really good coach and his teams play fast, flowing, shooting offense.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

He’s making $4.4mm. If our checkbook is open, he’s an option. 

10 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

So, we're just kicking around names here, right?  Offer Jay Wright the same deal and see what he says.  He's an east coast guy and probably says no thanks.  But he's a really good coach and his teams play fast, flowing, shooting offense.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

My guess is that he likes living, working in an large urban area, ie. Philly and that B-town might be a large hurdle.

I’m going to laugh if we end up getting some other NBA coach like Nick Nurse or Steve Kerr

I mean just give them a blank check. We have enough billionaire alumni that would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

I think there's absolutely no chance that he'd leave Nova and come to IU but if he would he'd be my first choice. Ahead of Stevens. Ahead of everyone. I love watching his teams play. I think he understands the necessity of intelligence and skill instead of focusing on just athleticism. I remember reading "Season on the brink" and how a good shooter(Alford) could cover a lot of deficiencies in an offense. I think Wright grasps the importance of parts that work together to make the whole better than the sum of the parts. Plus, the dude is stylish as hell! Lol 

3 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I think there's absolutely no chance that he'd leave Nova and come to IU but if he would he'd be my first choice. Ahead of Stevens. Ahead of everyone. I love watching his teams play. I think he understands the necessity of intelligence and skill instead of focusing on just athleticism. I remember reading "Season on the brink" and how a good shooter(Alford) could cover a lot of deficiencies in an offense. I think Wright grasps the importance of parts that work together to make the whole better than the sum of the parts. Plus, the dude is stylish as hell! Lol 

Yeah...I just wanted to see what others thought.  He really does value basketball IQ.  Nova is a fun team to watch.

How about Eric Spoelstra? He’s supposed to be a basketball savant. Makes half what we supposedly offered Brad. Having trouble getting too excited over the other names being tossed around.

1 hour ago, jonz44 said:

I agree that there's no chance. He passed on us before he won two titles. He a lifer at Nova.