Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sure. Either way we have to start over in four years.

But with Beilein, we are guaranteeing we’d have to start over in four years.

He would give us a good 6 years and make this job more attractive.  I have been ripped for years on HSN sayin this job is not elite any longer and we will not get an elite coach during these hiring processes.  I consider only 8 coaches as elite Stevens, Bennett, Wright, Williams, Coach K, Self, Few, Izzo.  I have two coaches who I would never want here is Cal and Pitino  I said no matter how much we paid out we would never get those coaches and everyone told me everyone has a price.  I guess after today I might be  more correct than people wanted to believe.

Just now, IU Scott said:

He would give us a good 6 years and make this job more attractive.  I have been ripped for years on HSN sayin this job is not elite any longer and we will not get an elite coach during these hiring processes.  I consider only 8 coaches as elite Stevens, Bennett, Wright, Williams, Coach K, Self, Few, Izzo.  I have two coaches who I would never want here is Cal and Pitino  I said no matter how much we paid out we would never get those coaches and everyone told me everyone has a price.  I guess after today I might be  more correct than people wanted to believe.

None of those guys are available for ANY college team.

But there are incredibly good choices that are available.

19 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm no insider, but I'm leaking this: Wayne Tinkle of Oregon State is the man. 

His Beavers made Ricky Barnes and the Vols look like Buttheads today. 

Coming soon to Bloomington: Fountains of Wayne!!! 

Dude is gonna give us his all and work it hard -- check out those pits! 

1135986464.jpg.jpg

My alma maters coach! He is a good coach and has recruited some shooters. But he is definitely a west coast. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

None of those guys are available for ANY college team.

But there are incredibly good choices that are available.

I know but some in this fan base thinks just because we are Indiana that we can get anyone we want.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I know but some in this fan base thinks just because we are Indiana that we can get anyone we want.

Some people think the lizard people are disguising themselves as Bill Gates.

I could give a **** what some people think. I’m into what might work for IUBB

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

We can’t that’s what depresses us

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Besides Stevens what other coach who would be better than what was on that list

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Some people think the lizard people are disguising themselves as Bill Gates.

I could give a **** what some people think. I’m into what might work for IUBB

I think we need a coach who understands the history of this school and a guy who knows how to handle the IU fan base.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think we need a coach who understands the history of this school and a guy who knows how to handle the IU fan base.

Bullshirt.

We need a coach that will win a lot of basketball games and keep players in good standing.

ANYONE who can do those two things will be beloved.

F understanding our history and ‘handling the fanbase’. Bobby Knight was from West Point via Ohio, was an abusive, condescending @$$ and the fanbase was ‘handled’ by him with temper tantrums and feces on the locker room floor at halftime. But his kids generally stayed in line and he won a lot. As a result? The fan base was ‘handled’.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

IU's history is pretty clear.  We used to be ELITE, now we aren't.  

Handling the fan base is no different than handling any other college fan base.  Win, and don't let the program blacken the eye of the University,  Do those things and the fan base will be behind you.