Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I would buy it more if Brad hadn’t literally just doubled down on his previous comments by mentioning the rumor about IU yesterday or the day before. That’s like 3 denials in the last 2 weeks, including one that was totally unprompted. 

I hope that I’m wrong, just having a hard time buying it.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

I would buy it more if Brad hadn’t literally just doubled down on his previous comments by mentioning the rumor about IU yesterday or the day before. That’s like 3 denials in the last 2 weeks, including one that was totally unprompted. 

I hope that I’m wrong, just having a hard time buying it.

Look at how many times Saban denied he was going to bama

Just now, ap2345 said:

Yeah, and I understand that argument. My counter is that

1. Saban did that when being pressured by reporters. Brad has done the same thing but has also done it completely unprompted by anyone.

Listen I would LOVE to be wrong about this; just the way I’m feeling. 

Just now, madmax said:

1. Saban did that when being pressured by reporters. Brad has done the same thing but has also done it completely unprompted by anyone.

Fair enough 

Just now, madmax said:

Drink more Ovaltine!

I read an excellent article today about the Alabama AD’s pursuit of Saban. Saban was his #1-3 choices. Very interesting how relentless the AD was going after Saban. I’m hoping Dolson is using the same doggedness in pursuing Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, theriverpilot said:

I read an excellent article today about the Alabama AD’s pursuit of Saban. Saban was his #1-3 choices. Very interesting how relentless the AD was going after Saban. I’m hoping Dolson is using the same doggedness in pursuing Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s what I would’ve done if I was Dolson. That’s also what Rick Pitino said he would do if he was IU lol 

Theory: that is possible and would explain a lot of the questions.

Disclaimer: still don't think it happens

BS accepted SD's offer. He then notifies the Celtics (tried resigning twice rumor). The Celtics do not want the PR of being left for a college job so the parties agree to announce it as a mutual agreement to part ways on a determined date. This allows the Celtics to save face as well as decide on replacement and not have to pay BS' contract by firing him while allowing BS to save face in that he didn't quit on the Celtics. This would explain the denial from BS at the press conference and give credence to the "mutual" aspect that would be conveyed later. In the meantime this gives SD the opportunity to appease former players and to work out a contingency plan. This would also explain why nothing has leaked since the rampant rumors because the other party (Celtics) have a vested interest in this news being kept quiet.

Again check my disclaimer but I feel like if the unthinkable were to happen this may have been somewhat of how it all played out lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk