Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I know people hate him but if it had to be an IU guy, Alford was the only guy ready to step into the job.  Is that the best hire?  Probably not, but if you are restricting yourself to only Indiana guys he was #1 and whoever was below him was a distant 2nd.

I don’t hate him. I just didnt think hiring him was the best IU could do after firing Archie. 

You are right though. If it had to be an IU guy, Alford was the only choice. He has been in college for decades. Never had consistent success but has won at numerous programs. 

At this point, I don’t think the IU job has any shine left to it with guys who can win to the level of our expectations. If we are hell bent on keeping it within the family, then hire Alford. Just make this Woodson experiment end. 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I had a booster from NW Indiana tell me the other day that we should go out and get a proven winner like Chris Collins. I kind of felt bad when I started laughing, then realized he was serious. 

I know he’s not won much but I think he’s done a great job at Northwestern. Hasn’t he finished 2nd in the B1G before? I don’t think IU has had a single coach outside of Knight or Sampson that can do that. People underestimate just how hard it is to win at NW. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

I know he’s not won much but I think he’s done a great job at Northwestern. Hasn’t he finished 2nd in the B1G before? I don’t think IU has had a single coach outside of Knight or Sampson that can do that. People underestimate just how hard it is to win at NW. 

IU and Northwestern tied for 2nd last year 

Winning anything at Northwestern should probably be bonus points.    They have only been to 2 tournaments in their history and he was the coach that got them into the tourney.   Not saying IU should even remotely go after him but winning at Northwestern cannot be easy 

Giving him the raise was a stupid decision in a long line of stupid IU decisions. It’s not like we should’ve been worried about another program poaching him. He got blown out in the round of 64 and then got blown out in the round of 32 the following raise. That certainly didn’t warrant giving him a top-3 salary in the conference. 
In any event, no reason to compound that mistake by making another one and keeping him around. 
Exactly where was he going to go. Nobody else was going to come and steal him from us. Talk about stupid.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

How do you give someone a million-dollar raise for doing a good job, then less than a year later fire them for not doing a good job and give them a 12 million-dollar buyout? If that is the case someone else would need to be fired also. 

Weird, didn’t we just do that to the football coach? Where’s the accountability? 

Let me get this straight. IU fires Bob Knight 3X NC Winner, olympic gold medal etc. Fires Sampson Soon to be 3X FF. Extends then fires Crean, Extends then Fires Allen,  Possibly the same with Woodson. 

How is it that our Administration keeps getting away with this? LOL 

I'm convinced theres a "Deep State" consisting of "The Old IU Guard", Buckner, Isiah, Gonso, et al. that are calling the shots within our athletic department, and the last 2 AD's are patsy's or puppets that have no power to do anything. 

9 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Let me get this straight. IU fires Bob Knight 3X NC Winner, olympic gold medal etc. Fires Sampson Soon to be 3X FF. Extends then fires Crean, Extends then Fires Allen,  Possibly the same with Woodson. 

I'm convinced theres a "Deep State" consisting of "The Old IU Guard", Buckner, Isiah, Gonso, et al. that are calling the shots within our athletic department, and the last 2 AD's are patsy's or puppets that have no power to do anything. 

Revenge of the Nerds!

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I had a booster from NW Indiana tell me the other day that we should go out and get a proven winner like Chris Collins. I kind of felt bad when I started laughing, then realized he was serious. 

These same exact people pushed out a 2x big ten title winning coach. What an unserious program.

56 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Was told a few years ago by someone who I think would know that Collins was Fred Glass’ second choice after Archie.

30 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Auburn football is run by the boosters and they look exactly like our program, so I believe this theory.

3 minutes ago, GoIU8 said:

Auburn football is run by the boosters and they look exactly like our program, so I believe this theory.

Bo Jackson – Society for American Baseball Research

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

We finished second last year

Hoosier Hysterics trying to quell fan disappointment today in their intro. I mean, we all get it. Woody honestly deserves another year based on his results. Just most fans have lost the faith and actually watch the product.

Here’s my attempt of hope.

Hubert Davis Is basically the 53 year old Mike Woodson with less experience. If he can load his roster and be a top 5 team as a mediocre coach Woody could too. Theoretically. But look what they did in player retainment and the transfer portal. Woody has a bunch of work to do. Also needs to see what kind of guards he needs and needs to loosen the reins on offense. It’s an UPHILL battle but I guess we have a Jim Carey’s chance if he can actually identify and land the talent.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Winning anything at Northwestern should probably be bonus points.    They have only been to 2 tournaments in their history and he was the coach that got them into the tourney.   Not saying IU should even remotely go after him but winning at Northwestern cannot be easy 

It is truly hard to believe that Collins is above .500 at Northwestern in his time there.  Chris has put the Wildcats on the map.

Hoosier Hysterics trying to quell fan disappointment today in their intro. I mean, we all get it. Woody honestly deserves another year based on his results. Just most fans have lost the faith and actually watch the product.

Here’s my attempt of hope.

Hubert Davis Is basically the 53 year old Mike Woodson with less experience. If he can load his roster and be a top 5 team as a mediocre coach Woody could too. Theoretically. But look what they did in player retainment and the transfer portal. Woody has a bunch of work to do. Also needs to see what kind of guards he needs and needs to loosen the reins on offense. It’s an UPHILL battle but I guess we have a Jim Carey’s chance if he can actually identify and land the talent.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
People might have a little more hope if " help is on the way" but it would need to be major help given the system Woodson runs.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, we killed it with Sparks on the floor, such as when the lead ballooned to 23 points while he was out there. Our center grabbed 2 rebounds in 29 minutes. 

IU can’t play big, IU can’t play small. IU can’t play at all. 

You ever think about changing your avitar?  ...asking for a friend.