Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

21 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If we are going to be all in on the portal, I think I want us to take the Cignetti approach. Get productive guys from lower levels rather than disgruntled guys or guys that didn’t play much for P5s. 

Woodson is the opposite of Cignetti, though. He only cares about recruit rankings and can't win without superior talent.

Arkansas Pine-Bluff 6'4" guard Kylen Milton.  One year of eligibility left.  Averaged 17 points, 6.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists.  Shot 51/35/74.  Made a big jump this past year, had previously never shot above 40% from the field for a season.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Arkansas Pine-Bluff 6'4" guard Kylen Milton.  One year of eligibility left.  Averaged 17 points, 6.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists.  Shot 51/35/74.  Made a big jump this past year, had previously never shot above 40% from the field for a season.

Watched some video of him this afternoon. Spectacular athlete. Looks some like Terrence Shannon minus the superhero part. 

Koren Johnson, 6'2" guard, Washington.  Two years eligibility left.  Played in all 31 games, started 5, 24 minutes per game.  Averaged 11.1 ppg, 2.2 reb, 2.7 ast.  Shot 44/37/72.  Two to one assist to turnover ratio.  128th rated prospect in 2022 and top rated prospect in Washington.

So how quickly do we expect to know who enters the portal? I would think those that want to would enter as quickly as possible given how crazy portal season has gotten and the limited P4 options. I also wonder about teams in the tournament, and players waiting to enter until the tournament is over. This is going to be an interesting off season lol

6'3" Loyala Marymount guard Dominick Harris.  Played his first two seasons at Gonzaga where he played very little.  At LMK this past year averaged 14.3 points.  Third in the nation among qualifiers in three point field goal percentage (made 65 of 145, 45%).

6'3" St Louis guard Sincere Parker.  Had a variety of injuries this past season (shoulder and foot) that limited him to 16 games and 21 minutes per game.  Was instant offense for them, averaging 15.9 points and 4.3 rebounds in 21 minutes per game.  Shot 49/43/81. Had a three game three where he scored 30+ and had 33 points against LaSalle in just 18 minutes.

28 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

6'3" Loyala Marymount guard Dominick Harris.  Played his first two seasons at Gonzaga where he played very little.  At LMK this past year averaged 14.3 points.  Third in the nation among qualifiers in three point field goal percentage (made 65 of 145, 45%).

6'3" St Louis guard Sincere Parker.  Had a variety of injuries this past season (shoulder and foot) that limited him to 16 games and 21 minutes per game.  Was instant offense for them, averaging 15.9 points and 4.3 rebounds in 21 minutes per game.  Shot 49/43/81. Had a three game three where he scored 30+ and had 33 points against LaSalle in just 18 minutes.

Parker is a Hall of Fame-level shot hunter, though he doesn’t take a lot of bad ones. If Schertz ends up there he would probably do very well with him though I assume the kid is looking power conference.

1 hour ago, OKHOOSIER said:

So how quickly do we expect to know who enters the portal? I would think those that want to would enter as quickly as possible given how crazy portal season has gotten and the limited P4 options. I also wonder about teams in the tournament, and players waiting to enter until the tournament is over. This is going to be an interesting off season lol

Within 48 hrs. is my guess.

18 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I really like Javon Small from Oklahoma State (native Hoosier) the more film I watch. Guard who can play off and on the ball and is a solid rebounder. Shoots well from three on volume and has a scorers-first mentality. 

Garrison from OSU entered today. No Hoosier ties but 6-11 7.5pts, 5.5r and 1.5blocks a game. Gonna need rim protection. Decent numbers for only 23mins a game. Had a couple 20+ pt outbursts in B12 play. 

Also dont know if anyone else is following along at home or work (lol whoops) but the 24/7 transfer portal entry page is updating in real time. I have been refreshing it randomly when I get a moment and its been growing by the hour. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

obviously we’ve been talking about this one for a minute, but now it appears to be official.

There will be better guards in the portal but beggars can't be choosers and Small would be a solid pickup and instantly upgrade the backcourt. Wouldn't mess around here. 

Kalen Glenn in portal, believe we recruited him pretty hard out of high school. Pretty underwhelming freshman year considering how bad Louisville was this season, but did start the last third of their season and had a couple high scoring games. Offensive skillset doesn't impress me and he's not a threat from the perimeter at all, but he's got some length and strength that could make him an elite inside out defender. Believe we will see several more Louisville transfers by end of day, something to keep an eye out on if Woodson does indeed hire his buddy Kenny Payne.

25 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Kalen Glenn in portal, believe we recruited him pretty hard out of high school. Pretty underwhelming freshman year considering how bad Louisville was this season, but did start the last third of their season and had a couple high scoring games. Offensive skillset doesn't impress me and he's not a threat from the perimeter at all, but he's got some length and strength that could make him an elite inside out defender. Believe we will see several more Louisville transfers by end of day, something to keep an eye out on if Woodson doe shire his buddy Kenny Payne.

He's a very undersized four with a very good motor. An upside is that he has three years remaining.

I'd be a fan of this one usually, but I have serious concerns how an undersized four would fit into Woody's system. Seems like he'd be just another paint clogger-upper.