Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Believe Small might be putting a hold on his transfer.  Might be returning.

Saw where he clarified on X he wasn’t “officially in the portal” (direct words) which I thought was an odd way to word it. Guessing he’s waiting to see who OK State hires?

I’m sure they’ll prioritize different things, but this is the sort of frontcourt piece I’d love to see them find. 5th yr stretch 4 who plays big enough to average almost 9 boards while shooting 37% from 3 on almost 6 looks a game. Saw him have a nice game against FAU earlier in the year. If you want to create real operating room for Reneau without playing Mgbako as a more or less full time 4, a kid like this is the ticket imo. 

56 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Zarique Nutter, 6'7" forward, Northern Illinois.  Two year starter, two years of eligibility left.  Averaged 15.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2 assists.  Shot 47/29/64.

Who would beat whom in a Nutter vs Jurkin contest ?

1 minute ago, Demo said:

I’m sure they’ll prioritize different things, but this is the sort of frontcourt piece I’d love to see them find. 5th yr stretch 4 who plays big enough to average almost 9 boards while shooting 37% from 3 on almost 6 looks a game. Saw him have a nice game against FAU earlier in the year. If you want to create real operating room for Reneau without playing Mgbako as a more or less full time 4, a kid like this is the ticket imo. 

He sounds interesting/needed especially if MM is gone.

14 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Per Trilly, Payton Sparks is portaling

Need some portal education.  Sparks just transferred from Dayton last year, I believe.  Is he eligible to transfer again without penalty?  I thought the the portal was a one time deal.  Has this changed? Is there a limit, or is it just open season and anything goes?

1 minute ago, hoosierdogg said:

Need some portal education.  Sparks just transferred from Dayton last year, I believe.  Is he eligible to transfer again without penalty?  I thought the the portal was a one time deal.  Has this changed? Is there a limit, or is it just open season and anything goes?

My understanding is a recent court ruling determined that players can transfer 2x and still be immediately eligible. Effectively free agency. That's likely to change at some point (maybe?) but not this offseason

I'm confused about Sparks -- if he indeed is portaling. Does he want to go back down to a mid-major where he's playing more? 

I sorta thought his dream was to play for IU -- no matter how much PT he actually got. He's seems like a great kid, but TBH -- isn't terribly skilled. 

Is he being "encouraged" to leave?

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm confused about Sparks -- if he indeed is portaling. Doe he want to go back down to a mid-major where he's playing more? 

I sorta thought his dream was to play for IU -- no matter how much PT he actually got. He's seems like a great kid, but TBH -- isn't terribly skilled. 

Is he being "encouraged" to leave?

It was his dream to play at IU. That said you never know why a guy enters the portal. That said I'd like to see him go back to BSU

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

It was his dream to play at IU. That said you never know why a guy enters the portal. That said I'd like to see him go back to BSU

Same,he shouldn't have left.

Reed had an IU offer.

Michigan sophomore Tarris Reed has entered the transfer portal @On3sports has learned Former 4 recruit started 31 games for the Wolverines this season averaging 9.0 points and 6.2 rebounds. The 6-10 center is from St. Louis.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/tarris-reed-jr-/24567

50 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Don't over read anything into this per Ken Bikoff

Ken Bikoff @kbikoff

Um, this Ware-Mgbako camp being held April 13 that some people are trying to use as tea leaves about the future has been planned for a long time. There were ads about it at Assembly Hall all season. Tickets have been sold. It doesn't suggest anything at all.

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

His dream was to play here not sit the bench here. 

Can't say I blame him for that.  He played (a little) here 1 year. Got to experience playing for Indiana.  Can't blame him for wanting to be the main man starter again.

Gotta wonder if he was encouraged to leave tho.