Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

23 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

My question with Graham or Sparks would be how they fit.  We don't really want to play 2 posts so would Sparks be okay coming off the bench? I'm assuming Reneau develops enough to start.

I mentioned Graham because we've reached out but I don't see it happening.

Staff says they don’t want to play with 2 posts but they are still recruiting like they are going to play Reneau at the 4.   I’m definitely interested in how all this plays out.    If they land sparks and continue to recruit Ike then that’s a sign they are going to play Malik at the 4 most of the time.    

On 3/26/2023 at 10:16 AM, IU - Kaulie said:

Essegian is fine.  Girard is way better.  No to Furst and Essegian together.  I don’t want Furst here with Malik.

Furst wouldn't start. I would take Girard ahead of CE .... but BARELY... and only because he is a one year rental. 

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Staff says they don’t want to play with 2 posts but they are still recruiting like they are going to play Reneau at the 4.   I’m definitely interested in how all this plays out.    If they land sparks and continue to recruit Ike then that’s a sign they are going to play Malik at the 4 most of the time.    

Do you find it realistic at all that we would get Sparks AND Ike in the portal? 

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

There are five openings already with the four starters plus Duncomb. Casting the net wide doesn't suggest anything about additional openings. Competition for these players will be stiff.  Contacting players, even having visits, doesn't mean IU will land any of them (though hopefully the best among them will choose IU). IU should be contacting a large number of players even if the number of openings is five. It is hard to imagine many players will transfer to another school and not be able to start.

There aren't 5 openings at this time, only 3. The 2 incoming freshmen are promised scholarships.

Technically, there's not even 5 players leaving (yet), just 4 since JHS hasn't announced for the draft (yet).

Just now, HinnyHoosier said:

Is a decommit from Valpo on the horizon?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, they fired their coach and the coach was a family friend. Plus with how he playing in the state tournament, I think he is getting more looks than he was. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I have a feeling I’m going to be disappointed about our outlook at the end of Portal season.  I guess that’s a me problem. 

Can't shake this feeling either, that we'll compile a roster for the B1G rather than the NCAAT.

Lots to happen first though, so I'll remain optimistic until dominoes start falling.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, they fired their coach and the coach was a family friend. Plus with how he playing in the state tournament, I think he is getting more looks than he was. 

....could this guy fit the "preferred walk-on" status at IU? I just don't see him taking a scholly.

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

....could this guy fit the "preferred walk-on" status at IU? I just don't see him taking a scholly.

I don't know, just had a little birdie tell me he was going to visit this week, maybe even today. I don't know enough about his game. Just saw where he played Flory well in the state championship

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I don't know, just had a little birdie tell me he was going to visit this week, maybe even today. I don't know enough about his game. Just saw where he played Flory well in the state championship

no offense, I can't help but think of Duncomb. He was a pretty solid player for a strong Ohio Moeller HS team. Just a thought.