Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

15 minutes ago, choosierred1 said:

This guy has a motor. He was on my son's Jr High team. I talked to his mom back then to see if they would be interested in playing on our select team. Another kid, Cameron Barnes. 6'10", with guard skills. His mom was my daughter's basketball coach. He was about 5' when he was 10-12 yrs old. Playing guard. 2-3 yrs later, he was 6'7". Duncanville HS

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk

Uh choosier, stop with the message board and go get this deal done.  No bumber stickers though. Not sure about bagels with crème cheese either but bags of cash are ok 

... wow, I miss a few hours in this thread and the floodgates have burst open with new recruits and new back and forth bickering lol. 

RE: adding a backup big before we add 2 more stud rotation players. We obviously don't control the timing of recruits committing... What if Mgbako is dead set on being a wing but weary of playing backup 4 minutes? Then adding Walker is a huge benefit. 

We don't have any idea what the situations are and we can't change the outcome. I'm trusting Woody to get it done. We'll learn a lot about the staff/program by the end of offseason, before the season even starts, but there is no reason to be so pessimistic right now IMO. 

Give me Mgbako, Walker and Dingle and let's get on the court!

A dig at Malik?  Why?  I like Malik
Just explaining what a "fouling machine" he is....and the need for extra minutes required by a fourth big at the 4/5. Statistically, he was ranked 35th in the country at fouls/minute. Not a knock. It's just who he is in his young career.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Just explaining what a "fouling machine" he is....and the need for extra minutes required by a fourth big at the 4/5. Statistically, he was ranked 35th in the country at fouls/minute. Not a knock. It's just who he is in his young career.

This is how I took your post

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Are you assuming no progression from year 1 to year 2? 

With NIL, is scholarship availability even an issue. Is there a limit to how many players, including walk-ons, a team can have on the roster. I'm sure there is a practical limit from a logistical standpoint, but couldn't a team just add a guy and let someone pick up the scholarship cost.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

With NIL, is scholarship availability even an issue. Is there a limit to how many players, including walk-ons, a team can have on the roster. I'm sure there is a practical limit from a logistical standpoint, but couldn't a team just add a guy and let someone pick up the scholarship cost.

Andre Drummond walked onto UConn because he decided that's where he wanted to go, even though they didn't have a scholarship for him. That was before NIL too. I think it would be exceedingly rare/require some very, very selfless teammates trusting they'll be taken care of, but not implausible.

3 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Punctuation of your sentence is, I believe, is why I and others were confused about your post.  You said that "Malik Reneau is a fouling machine for one reason".  That's different than saying "Malik Reneau is a fouling machine, for one reason."  The first way --- without the comma -- is implying that there is one reason that Reneau fouls a lot, which is what I was asking for clarification on:  is the reason over aggressiveness?  Foot speed?  Defensive positioning?  Instead, I believe now you were trying to say he wasn't playing BECAUSE of the reason of him fouling a lot.

13 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Seems more of a knock than an observation tbh. Agree with the comment above and if that were your intent all cool

Just now, Schreckbagger said:

I thought assuming things wasn't allowed here.....

Lol I mean, I wasn't aware of that "rule" I guess? 

If Reneau progresses in the same sense that Galloway has, I don't think his fouling will be a huge concern chronically next year. A few games here and there, sure, like all big men. If he progresses like Geronimo/Bates, we're in trouble and going to need Walker/Banks to step up in a big way. 

Don't mean to make an argument out of it though

17 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Andre Drummond walked onto UConn because he decided that's where he wanted to go, even though they didn't have a scholarship for him. That was before NIL too. I think it would be exceedingly rare/require some very, very selfless teammates trusting they'll be taken care of, but not implausible.

Drummond did walk on as he decided late (August before his college freshman year) to forgo an extra year at a prep school  and instead play at UConn.  UConn has said they were willing to remove the scholarship of another player to allow him to come, but Drummond refused that.  That said, I would not be at all shocked if his scholarship (which would have been in state tuition since he was from Connecticutt) were somehow 'covered' by someone in the UConn bball organization/donor.  Jim Calhoun wasn't known to run the tidiest of programs.

Lol I mean, I wasn't aware of that "rule" I guess? 
If Reneau progresses in the same sense that Galloway has, I don't think his fouling will be a huge concern chronically next year. A few games here and there, sure, like all big men. If he progresses like Geronimo/Bates, we're in trouble and going to need Walker/Banks to step up in a big way. 
Don't mean to make an argument out of it though
Ehh, no problems. I don't do rules (insert comma) and never have never been very punctual (humor). Just here for the show and giggles.

Arterio Morris commits to Kansas.  6'3" combo guard played at Texas last year as a freshman, averaged 4.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in 12 minutes per game.  Shot 41/33/79.  Bulk three point shooter in the minutes he received.  Five star player out of high school, ranked 16th in the class of 2022.

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The guy has been going around troll-reacting to all of my posts for days now, so I finally made a smart-@$$ response to him. 

I’ve been staying tuned for the better part of a decade and my patience is running thin. Walker isn’t even my biggest problem. We have multiple guys on this roster who I see as 10 mpg max , end of rotation guys. I don’t feel good about Leal, Gunn, or Banks, and I don’t feel good about the two freshmen coming in and being contributors next year either. So, in light of that, adding another 10 mpg guy isn’t appealing to me. 

Have no idea why you would be down on Banks and two freshman that haven't even stepped foot on campus yet