Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Dana Altman is the same guy who recently called out his own fanbase when only 3,300 of them showed up for a spring break NIT game after a very disappointing season this year.

I'm more than certain that Kel'el Ware did not perform or work up to expectations, but publicly calling him out after Ware played well with the passive-aggressive statement  "At least he acted like he wanted to be here tonight" is some really weak sauce.

If that's the encouragement Ware received after responding with improved effort? I can see why he's getting the hell out of there.

Personally speaking... working with young adults. When I have had success building rapport/creating relationships, a lot of times, that bond was initially formed by ME owning up to one of MY mistakes. Kids don't need to exiled. Connect with them! 

Maybe Kel'el Ware told CMW.. "I need a coach who I know has my back and I'll give that coach everything I've got" or something like that, ya know? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Personally speaking... working with young adults. When I have had success building rapport/creating relationships, a lot of times, that bond was initially formed by ME owning up to one of MY mistakes. Kids don't need to exiled. Connect with them! 

Maybe Kel'el Ware told CMW.. "I need a coach who I know has my back and I'll give that coach everything I've got" or something like that, ya know? 

We can hope.

Woody doesn't pull his punches, but our kids know he loves them the whole time he's riding them.

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorry. That's probably the teacher/coach coming out in me, as fair amount of my time in life is spent advocating for kids. 

Those words just rubbed me the wrong way. I have no issue if others have a different opinion of that tweet. 

I thought the same thing. I get he is probably upset that the relationship went south. Sometimes two people just can't get on the same page. But, as a coach, if something is not working, try a different approach. Ware absolutely needed to move on after some of the Altman comments I have seen. No need to continue to trash the kid. 

53 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I agree!  It sort of makes him sound petty and reacting to the fact that he failed him as a coach.  I guarantee you Woodson would not put the blame on that kid!

This is what I was referring to about Altman.  Sounds like 2 straight NIT seasons are wearing on him.  This is the same guy who called the fans at Oregon out after only 3,000 showed up for their NIT game at Wisconsin.....might have wanted to consider that they were responding to the product he put on the floor....and I wouldn't assume Knecht is going to  end up at Oregon as well.  (BTW, the words below -- 'fire me if I'm the problem' -- are coming from someone who has a $19 million buyout if he gets fired)

22 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

This is what I was referring to about Altman.  Sounds like 2 straight NIT seasons are wearing on him.  This is the same guy who called the fans at Oregon out after only 3,000 showed up for their NIT game at Wisconsin.....might have wanted to consider that they were responding to the product he put on the floor....and I wouldn't assume Knecht is going to  end up at Oregon as well.  (BTW, the words below -- 'fire me if I'm the problem' -- are coming from someone who has a $19 million buyout if he gets fired)

You wanna end up in junior college? Keep thinking "My job is to coach". It's a new era you got to do more than coach these days if you want to make millions. 

Just now, TeeterInNJ said:

We can't replace TJD. 

But adding Ware to the frontcourt is about as good as you could ask for. This is another huge get for Woody!

Yep We can’t replace TJD but this was literally our best option Woodson knocked it out of the park. A few more pieces and we can be right back in the hunt. 

I'm ecstatic about adding Ware. This height and length is something I haven't seen on an Indiana team in my time following the program, I don't think (loosely in the DJ White era and more closely in the Zeller/Dipo era).

1. XJ - 6'3
  2. TG - 6'4 
  3. Ledlum - 6'6
  4. Reneau - 6'9
  5. Ware - 7'

Could add Knecht and Banks and CJ Gunn, three more 6'6 guys.

If we play the perimeter-centric offense many anticipate Woody prefers next season, I wouldn't be surprised if our rebounding is actually improved a bit. More threes/perimeter shots could lead to longer rebounds and if we're active without the ball could see us getting our fair share of second chance opportunities. I think/hope Reneau takes a big jump next year on his rebounding numbers.