Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

If the visit was the following weekend I'd be more concerned with Ware not cancelling. But, logistically when the visit is the following day it's easier to go with the prearranged travel plans than book last minute travel back to Oregon/Arkansas that will be $$$. 

When Malik committed on his visit, it was easier for him to cancel his subsequent visits when they were weeks (not hours) apart.

I’m sure Alabama is rushing to get everything perfect for tomorrow 

Not to knock anyone but how does one become an insider and where do they get their info from. 

1) you work inside the athletic department in some capacity. If that is the case you shouldn't be coming to a message board to tell what you know and should lose their job. 

2) You know someone who works around the athletic department and they tell you.tje info. If that is the case that person should lose their job.

48 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Or, crazy thought, there wasn't a verbal and while IU may have felt good he was undecided.

If he gave a verbal there'd be no reason to take the Bama visit.

It's plausible that the kid really liked what he saw at IU(enough to get people at IU excited) but wants to take the last visit to be sure. Afterall, his first school choice didn't work out, which makes it even more critical to get it correct this time. It is not very plausible at all that he committed verbally and is still taking the last visit. 

Not to knock anyone but how does one become an insider and where do they get their info from. 
1) you work inside the athletic department in some capacity. If that is the case you shouldn't be coming to a message board to tell what you know and should lose their job. 
2) You know someone who works around the athletic department and they tell you.tje info. If that is the case that person should lose their job.

giphy.gif
If Scotty R was AD, this would be him to the part time ticket booth worker who told Chris007 that he overheard Ware was not committing today

3 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

That is nice, you get so much reliable info over there LOL!

I do actually.  It’s the best place to get reliable info.    I don’t lose my mind when people post stuff over there.   I’ve been there long enough to read between the lines.  When everyone was going crazy over what he posted you got to wait it out and see where it goes instead of immediately going to social media or other boards to say what was said.   He eventually followed up with stuff that showed there was another visit which is why I posted a not so fast over here when everyone was losing their minds 

32 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Well I think the first thing you should do when someone shares info is to ask if this is OK to share with others or not. That's what I always do. I don't work in the athletic dept and don't consider myself an insider. 

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I do actually.  It’s the best place to get reliable info.    I don’t lose my mind when people post stuff over there.   I’ve been there long enough to read between the lines.  When everyone was going crazy over what he posted you got to wait it out and see where it goes instead of immediately going to social media or other boards to say what was said.   He eventually followed up with stuff that showed there was another visit which is why I posted a not so fast over here when everyone was losing their minds 

I have seen to many times RabJohn's been wrong. Either he has bad sources or he really don't have them

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Well I think the first thing you should do when someone shares info is to ask if this is OK to share with others or not. That's what I always do. I don't work in the athletic dept and don't consider myself an insider. 

I don't blame you at all but would the person who is telling you this kind of info. I think that if things aren't a done deal that person should stay quit until it is a done deal

I think our fans are great but sometimes we can be a detriment to the program as well. It might turn recruits off seeing this type of thing being posted on social media. Also if fans are tweeting the recruits that could cause the recruits to have second thoughts.

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I make contact with many different people each day. I've been with the university for almost 25 years. I speak to ex-players, ex-coaches, IU employees, big-time boosters, and different people like that. My wife gets on me because she says I know everyone in town through IU basketball. I feel like people like to give me info and I'm not scared to ask. All they can say is NO. 

….and that’s a bad thing?lol

….keep the good intel coming, by the way! Thanks so much and have a blessed Easter!

12 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I have seen to many times RabJohn's been wrong. Either he has bad sources or he really don't have them

Was he wrong or when his information got telephoned down the line and it was different from the original was that wrong? Nobody perfect and if you were a member and his info was wrong then that sucks.   All I know is that for me and since I’ve been following him I’ve saved a lot of time not following certain recruits because of his sources.   No body is perfect but he is as close as you’re going to get to getting inside information.   And even with him you should not view it as absolutes.   Only siths deal in absolutes