Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) - PF Mason Miller to Creighton

Mason Miller who is the son of Mike Miller has been receiving interest from IU. Rabby just put an article up saying how he has serious interest in IU and he likes Archie and Ostrom. Rumor had it a while back that his dad doesn’t want him to go to Memphis. Could be an interesting recruitment to follow moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I see him listed as 6'7" and 6'9", just short of 200 lbs. 
My hope is that he could be a power forward, however I don't see how he would be an option if we land Kaufman first.

Why? IU will likely need another F/C to go with Duncomb and Kaufman. Brunk and TJD will likely be gone and Thompson will be a senior. He’s currently a 6’9 PF that needs to gain weight.

39 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He’d be a great stretch 4 somewhere in the Big East, $EC, or Big 12. I don’t see him gaining enough weight to play the 4 in the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve seen massive changes in kids like him, going from HS to 2-3rd year in college. It just might take a couple years. Not every kid we bring in need to have the expectations of playing year one.  

Gordon Hayward was even smaller than this kid coming out into college. That seemed to work out pretty good. 

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I see him listed as 6'7" and 6'9", just short of 200 lbs. 

My hope is that he could be a power forward, however I don't see how he would be an option if we land Kaufman first.

Does he shoot like his dad?

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Feel like we are shooting for a 4 man class maybe our Big, a guard and 2 forwards. Him and Trey would be a sweet combo. 

Mike Miller leaving Memphis staff to spend more time with family.
[/url]  

Wonder if he is going to be sitting a year to help improve his son and then take a NBA job. I don’t think he is going to spend more time with his family than he has over the last couple of months no matter what he does.

10 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Wonder if he is going to be sitting a year to help improve his son and then take a NBA job. I don’t think he is going to spend more time with his family than he has over the last couple of months no matter what he does.

I'm thinking this has been brewing for quite some time and why Memphis hasn't been an odds on favorite in Mason's recruitment.  Hopefully, it's not an indication that a family member has health issues (not necessarily COVID-19 related) that necessitate this decision.  Or maybe Mike doesn't like what he sees going on with the Memphis program.  Just a thought.

1 hour ago, BH33 said:

Mike Miller leaving Memphis staff to spend more time with family.

That is really, really, super-incredibly bad news for Penny and Memphis.

Everything I have read about that program has made it clear that Miller was the primary reason players thought the program would be legit.

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Maybe Penny is playing dirty and he wants no part.