Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) - PF Mason Miller to Creighton

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m left with some questions.

What’s the extent of the visit. Is he accompanied by anybody?  Can they FaceTime the coaching staff?  How much access will he have?

It’s basically the same college visit that any non-athlete kid would pay for and take with their family.

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m left with some questions.

What’s the extent of the visit. Is he accompanied by anybody?  Can they FaceTime the coaching staff?  How much access will he have?

Visit is a campus visit with 0 contact with IU’s staff or access to any of the facilities. Assembly Hall is shut down to the public.  IU’s compliance dep has been known to be stricter on these sorts of things then others which is why both sides agreed not to visit a couple weeks ago.  No FaceTime during the visit would be my guess and his mother was with him when he went to Creighton.  Since Creighton’s gym isn’t on campus I believe he was able to see some stuff over there that he won’t have access to here.      

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Visit is a campus visit with 0 contact with IU’s staff or access to any of the facilities. Assembly Hall is shut down to the public.  IU’s compliance dep has been known to be stricter on these sorts of things then others which is why both sides agreed not to visit a couple weeks ago.  No FaceTime during the visit would be my guess and his mother was with him when he went to Creighton.  Since Creighton’s gym isn’t on campus I believe he was able to see some stuff over there that he won’t have access to here.      

Makes sense. Can he meet with potential future teammates. We have seen some of our guys pretty active in recruiting

It’s Creighton unless this visit just blows him away, which it won’t because IU’s compliance department is a joke. I’m happy overall with recruiting but this class is about to be a big whiff. Really baffles me why we didn’t cast a wider net for recruiting. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with Duncomb and Lander, but we need a versatile forward so bad and we focused on 2 guys the entire time. Not good

Rabjohns is saying an IU visit will precede his commitment this week.

This makes my semi-logical mind pretty optimistic: if he was sold on Creighton I’m reasonably sure he wouldn’t be driving six hours (each way) to see Btown and meet players.

If he saw Creighton and went “meh,” he may want to confirm his IU choice by seeing things in person before he says yes.

would he really travel this much to confirm a Creighton choice that he’s already basically made?

I’m not optimistic but if there was a reason to be, it would be how quickly this decision came after Kaufman committed to PU. 

I think they would compete for minutes at the 3/4 and Miller might have gotten the short end of those minutes. Now there is nothing in his way of getting serious minutes early

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

How about that virtual Hoosier Hysteria Wednesday night. That should be fun to watch. I've always like Cardinals instead of Blue Jays so I'll pass on the Miller news.

Miller to Creighton Blue Jays and Mohammed (although in Springfield and not technically St Louis) to Indiana? And if so, then will Hoosier Hysteria not only give us a glimpse of the current players but also an announcement from a certain recruit...or are you merely saying you prefer Mohammed over Miller?

1 minute ago, ray said:

Miller to Creighton Blue Jays and Mohammed (although in Springfield and not technically St Louis) to Indiana? And if so, then will Hoosier Hysteria not only give us a glimpse of the current players but also an announcement from a certain recruit...or are you merely saying you prefer Mohammed over Miller?

I'm just saying Miller has flown away but I really have no idea, and that I'm very excited to see the basketball team on Wednesday night. 

Our offense has been pretty ugly since Coach arrived. I know defense wins championships, but these recruits want to score points and have a flow to the game. No kid in America watches TV and says; I want to grow up to be a lockdown defender. Don’t give me Victor Oladipo, because most kids like him were offensively challenged or behind others while growing up. He just came out of it, and can do both things great. We need a better offense!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners