Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Extend Tom Allen

We are trading Nebraska and Northwestern two non bowl teams for Wisconsin and Illinois two bowl teams. 

Another 8 win season would be awesome but think expectations should maybe be 7. 

3 Non Conference 

Rutgers

Maryland 

2 out of 3 against Illinois, MSU and Purdue 

If we can pull off an upset of a national power then that will be gravy 

When he gets extended and doesn’t reach the expectations and goals of others we get to listen to a handful ***** and moan.

On a serious note, I’d extend him with a significant raise and more money for assistants. I’d also try to capitalize on this with an upgrade of Mellencamp Pavillion without drop ceilings.

If we can string together a couple of winning seasons we might finally get butts in the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

48 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We are trading Nebraska and Northwestern two non bowl teams for Wisconsin and Illinois two bowl teams. 

Another 8 win season would be awesome but think expectations should maybe be 7. 

3 Non Conference 

Rutgers

Maryland 

2 out of 3 against Illinois, MSU and Purdue 

If we can pull off an upset of a national power then that will be gravy 

Penn State and Michigan State are two games we should be expecting to win next year. We didn’t lose either of them because of talent this year.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Pay him whatever he wants. We only beat bad teams, we're still an undisciplined football team, the defense sucks, blah blah blah. Whatever. We won 8 games for the first time since 1993. Won 5 conference games. With all the players we have coming back there's no reason we can't duplicate this success next year.

He has earned an extension. Give it to him and give him however much he needs to keep his staff around. Upgrade our facilities. The momentum is back and then some and we need to take full advantage of it. Michigan State is on the downswing, lets swoop in and take their place in the East.

Give him three years with a healthy Penix and this program will make some real noise.

Extend him, make DeBoer one of the highest paid assistants in the B1G, five Mike Hart a large raise (its amazing that we went from McCullough to Hart), put Wommack on notice and a tight plan with expectations defined by performance metrics for next season, and for the love of all that is Hoosier get Penix healthy.

Interested to see what our receiving corps look like next year. I’m assuming Whop will stay for his senior year, but admittedly I’m not at all knowledgeable when it comes to understanding whether college players are ready or should go to the draft.

6 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Penn State and Michigan State are two games we should be expecting to win next year. We didn’t lose either of them because of talent this year.

We will not be expected to win against PSU next year. And MSU is going to be one we are favored in most likely but they aren’t in the same league as Rutgers

5 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Extend him, make DeBoer one of the highest paid assistants in the B1G, five Mike Hart a large raise (its amazing that we went from McCullough to Hart), put Wommack on notice and a tight plan with expectations defined by performance metrics for next season, and for the love of all that is Hoosier get Penix healthy.

Interested to see what our receiving corps look like next year. I’m assuming Whop will stay for his senior year, but admittedly I’m not at all knowledgeable when it comes to understanding whether college players are ready or should go to the draft.

I'm a little worried DeBoer will leave, but I hope we have him for at least one more season. He did a great job having IU as the #2 passing team in the conference despite only having his starting quarterback for 3 full games. 

I'm a little worried DeBoer will leave, but I hope we have him for at least one more season. He did a great job having IU as the #2 passing team in the conference despite only having his starting quarterback for 3 full games. 

No offense to Ramsey intended here.

I’ll start by saying Ramsey’s decision making improved from last year and he was generally more confident which allowed him to have a bigger impact. I still stand by issues I’ve stated before, but he’s definitely improved this year and you can’t complain about winning. Very impressed by what he’s done, especially since I do believe he’s naturally limited as a passer.

Now, I will give at least half the credit to DeBoer. I’m not savvy enough to understand all of the changes he implemented, but he created an offensive game plan that allows Ramsey to shine. Love all of the run options for Ramsey built in to his play calling. I’m sold that DeBoer could succeed with almost anyone at QB.

I'm fine with whatever the salary is, just don't give him a Crean-esque buyout if the team regresses back to 4-8, 5-7, 4-8, 4-8. There's plenty of donors willing to help eat a buyout for basketball, football not so much.

I'm fine with giving assistants a pay raise and facility improvements.  You'll have a harder time convincing me on much of an extension for Allen, because I'd want to see a good year next year and for the love all that is good improvement in discipline.

6 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

No offense to Ramsey intended here.

I’ll start by saying Ramsey’s decision making improved from last year and he was generally more confident which allowed him to have a bigger impact. I still stand by issues I’ve stated before, but he’s definitely improved this year and you can’t complain about winning. Very impressed by what he’s done, especially since I do believe he’s naturally limited as a passer.

Now, I will give at least half the credit to DeBoer. I’m not savvy enough to understand all of the changes he implemented, but he created an offensive game plan that allows Ramsey to shine. Love all of the run options for Ramsey built in to his play calling. I’m sold that DeBoer could succeed with almost anyone at QB.

Definitely agree. The offense has night and day compared to last year, and even though Ramsey has made improvements, he hasn't improved THAT much. DeBoer deserves a ton of credit for what he was able to do this year.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm fine with giving assistants a pay raise and facility improvements.  You'll have a harder time convincing me on much of an extension for Allen, because I'd want to see a good year next year and for the love all that is good improvement in discipline.

You have to extend. He has what 2 years left on original. It gets harder to recruit kids saying oh I have 2 years left I might be here I might not. You give him a 2-3 year extension and a raise. He’s done what people have asked but yet goalposts keep getting moved farther back and people still are mad and don’t want to keep him or support a raise....but basketball people want to name Archie Miller the guy because he can recruit Indiana. Well news flash people Tom Allen is trying to keep in state talent here....but he’s said it in press before...you don’t want to play here that’s fine we will go to Florida and get kids who want to play and we will beat you....well he beat Purdue. Northwestern. Nebraska whom we’ve lost kids to over the past classes. He’s recruiting at a high level and is building depth....you can have your opinion, but at least back it up by more than well I want to see good seasons....there’s more that goes into building consistency and Tom Allen is building it brick by brick. The roster was/is 72% underclass men who are experienced. You sit Freshmen when you can unless they are just too good....and build depth. He deserves a raise. His assistants deserve money. 

And yeah I like Tom Allen and will defend him when things like this are said. I’m a homer. I’m a homer for a guy that truly wants to be here. He wants to build a program that will consistently win...he’s recruiting kids that would be top in state talent by far....but he’s going to Florida and getting kids that are ranked lower due to the talent down there. 

4 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

You have to extend. He has what 2 years left on original. It gets harder to recruit kids saying oh I have 2 years left I might be here I might not. You give him a 2-3 year extension and a raise. He’s done what people have asked but yet goalposts keep getting moved farther back and people still are mad and don’t want to keep him or support a raise....but basketball people want to name Archie Miller the guy because he can recruit Indiana. Well news flash people Tom Allen is trying to keep in state talent here....but he’s said it in press before...you don’t want to play here that’s fine we will go to Florida and get kids who want to play and we will beat you....well he beat Purdue. Northwestern. Nebraska whom we’ve lost kids to over the past classes. He’s recruiting at a high level and is building depth....you can have your opinion, but at least back it up by more than well I want to see good seasons....there’s more that goes into building consistency and Tom Allen is building it brick by brick. The roster was/is 72% underclass men who are experienced. You sit Freshmen when you can unless they are just too good....and build depth. He deserves a raise. His assistants deserve money. 

He has 3 years left, he's signed through 2022.  At the end of the day this is just one year, say we throw a big extension at him and this year is a blip then the exact people wanting the extension will say our hands are tied because of the extension.

If he can build on this and have a good season again next year, fine.

6 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He has 3 years left, he's signed through 2022.  At the end of the day this is just one year, say we throw a big extension at him and this year is a blip then the exact people wanting the extension will say our hands are tied because of the extension.

If he can build on this and have a good season again next year, fine.

Disagree if we don’t extend after this year other teams will use it for negative recruiting 

“He just had the best season in your life for Indians and they don’t believe in him. Why would you want to play at Indiana”

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Disagree if we don’t extend after this year other teams will use it for negative recruiting 

“He just had the best season in your life for Indians and they don’t believe in him. Why would you want to play at Indiana”

I could go for 1 year, possibly 2 added on and a moderate bump in pay.  Big extension?  Better chance of a good looking girl at Purdue.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I could go for 1 year, possibly 2 added on and a moderate bump in pay.  Big extension?  Better chance of a good looking girl at Purdue.

Nobody has ever said give him an 8 year extension (Big) . Or 6 year(big) I’ve said multiple times add on 2-3 more years and see if he can build his vision. He’s not gonna say glass give me million upon millions like brohm. He will ask for money incentives and raise for his staff but he will want more years and a sign of support for him