Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Extend Tom Allen

3 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

The life of a college football coach...assuming that you have the upper hand. (Schiano's contract details)

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/rutgers/2019/12/03/greg-schiano-contract-perks-car-jet-use-country-club-wardrobe/2596807001/

Dude can barely afford to feed his kids on that!  lol  $5k annual threads allowance.  lol 

CTA's name has been thrown around in the FSU coaching search, which I don't find to be a very realistic possibility. But I am a little surprised that his name hasn't come up in the Ole Miss search (at least from what I've seen). When Wilson resigned/was fired, wasn't one of the top reasons we turned the program over to Allen so quickly was that we feared the Rebels were trying to steal him to be their DC? He did spend 2-3 years there as a defensive assistant. 

2 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

New extension reached....looks like we added on 4 years to original and upped salary. 12/1/19-11/30/2026 $3.9milly. Also increased assistant $$ pool by $500k

From what I can tell this salary still ranks him 13th in Big Ten ahead of only Locksley at Maryland but very close to several others including Schiano, Smith, Fleck, Chryst and Dantonio.

4 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

New extension reached....looks like we added on 4 years to original and upped salary. 12/1/19-11/30/2026 $3.9milly. Also increased assistant $$ pool by $500k

Glass is going to need to triple that assistant pool raise or we’re not keeping DeBoer and Hart. 

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

Glass is going to need to triple that assistant pool raise or we’re not keeping DeBoer and Hart. 

Deboer I’d say you are correct. Maybe we will be surprised, but he will be offered and it’s a nice position to be in....going to the last school you were at and can probably keep the staff together....nice gig. Idk what the pool is at right now Total, I know Schiano got a ton, but he needs a ton. Right now I believe deboer is at 800k, Ballou is at 500k and has a pretty nice tie in with HC. RHea has a nice $$. Along with hart getting a raise I believe last year to keep him around. But hart is supposedly being tossed around programs for OC job. I wouldn’t mind raising him and trying his hand at OC and going around and finding a young offensive mind to groom for when the time comes for greener pastures. 

13 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

The assistant salary pool increase is nice but where does IU rank in the conference? That increase is going to have to be spread around multiple assistant coaches. If DeBoer does bolt IU needs to spend $1 million to hire the best offensive coordinator they can find.

No I'm sure the 800K for an OC will be just fine for someone else. 

It's amazing what college coaches are getting paid these days. Even crazier to think that almost $4mil a year will only make him the 12th highest paid coach in the Big Ten. Brohm getting $6.6 still blows my mind...

Congrats to Tom Allen! Now let's give our best pitch to Deboer, and make the right hire if he leaves. Any chance they give Hart a shot?

11 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Feel like $800k is pretty decent for an OC at Indiana. I may be wrong, was trying to look at assistance coaching data.

For reference, Kevin Wilson is making $800k at OSU I believe.

Isn't it an extra $500k to what Allen already is spending on assistants? So if we're spending $800k on an OC now, he can dip into that extra $500k to give an OC more?

1 hour ago, monskisprodigy said:

It's amazing what college coaches are getting paid these days. Even crazier to think that almost $4mil a year will only make him the 12th highest paid coach in the Big Ten. Brohm getting $6.6 still blows my mind...

Congrats to Tom Allen! Now let's give our best pitch to Deboer, and make the right hire if he leaves. Any chance they give Hart a shot?

If we lose Deboer we are taking a step back. Our offense improved by lengths and bounds this year. Here's to hoping that does not happen. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

From what I can tell this salary still ranks him 13th in Big Ten ahead of only Locksley at Maryland but very close to several others including Schiano, Smith, Fleck, Chryst and Dantonio.

He's right where he should be imo although I think I saw he was 12th (ahead of Fleck but not for long). I see some folks being critical but he basically tripled his salary and for one successful season at that.