Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The Ola Depot

Mike DeBord Retiring

21 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Is the OC job here that attractive?

Is any job at IU other than maybe the soccer Coach an attractive job?  

The Head Football Coaching job is where good men go for their last head coaching job.  We pay next to nothing compared to other similar sized institutions.  We have no history, and outside of a few thousand passionate fans no one gives a flying ***** for the football program.

14 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

Is any job at IU other than maybe the soccer Coach an attractive job?  

The Head Football Coaching job is where good men go for their last head coaching job.  We pay next to nothing compared to other similar sized institutions.  We have no history, and outside of a few thousand passionate fans no one gives a flying ***** for the football program.

Basketball is attractive...Archie turned down offers till we came a call in 

OK, if Sam Story is correct about CTA looking outside to fill the OC job what candidates would be on your list?  I noticed someone throw out Cam Cameron.  I'd like to hear about others. 

The Daily Hoosier threw out some interesting names. 

Personally, I'd like to see a guy from Clemson or Bama come in.

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

OK, if Sam Story is correct about CTA looking outside to fill the OC job what candidates would be on your list?  I noticed someone throw out Cam Cameron.  I'd like to hear about others. 

The Daily Hoosier threw out some interesting names. 

Personally, I'd like to see a guy from Clemson or Bama come in.

What are the odds we hire somebody away from Clemson or Bama their student managers probably get paid more than we can afford

31 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

What are the odds we hire somebody away from Clemson or Bama their student managers probably get paid more than we can afford

LOL!  Slim to none but a sorry sap like myself can dream, man!  

I will say that DeBord was earning a half mil.  The QB coaches at Bama or Clemson are actually a possibility.  Albeit a long shot but certainly not out of the question.   

Also, Glass has told the IndyStar that he "prioritizes continued investment in football, and support for Allen wherever necessary."  And he's going to pony up some cash for both David Ballou and Dr. Matt Rhea. 

So, I think it's not too much of a stretch to grab a guy like Brandon Streeter (He's currently earning $455k.) who is not only a QB coach with an OC background but also has recruiting coordinator under his belt.  If you recall he landed Indiana's Hunter Johnson.  So he's already pretty familiar with the state of Indiana's high school layout.

LOL!  Slim to none but a sorry sap like myself can dream, man!  
I will say that DeBord was earning a half mil.  The QB coaches at Bama or Clemson are actually a possibility.  Albeit a long shot but certainly not out of the question.   
Also, Glass has told the IndyStar that he "prioritizes continued investment in football, and support for Allen wherever necessary."  And he's going to pony up some cash for both David Ballou and Dr. Matt Rhea. 
So, I think it's not too much of a stretch to grab a guy like Brandon Streeter (He's currently earning $455k.) who is not only a QB coach with an OC background but also has recruiting coordinator under his belt.  If you recall he landed Indiana's Hunter Johnson.  So he's already pretty familiar with the state of Indiana's high school layout.

I also think whoever gets it will see a pay bump from DeBord. Maybe significant. Glass is freaking doubling ballou and rheas salaries. I am intrigued by Graham Harrell

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, Hoosier116 said:

I also think whoever gets it will see a pay bump from DeBord. Maybe significant. Glass is freaking doubling ballou and rheas salaries. I am intrigued by Graham Harrell

I agree.  And Harrell is someone that might be able to open up a recruiting pipeline to the state of Texas and Oklahoma.  I think this hire is going to be multi-factor hire, meaning not only an OC but also a potential of opening up a recruiting pipeline.  

1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Would like to see Matt Canada back at IU. Thought that Maryland should have given him the HC job after this past season. That program was in the toilet after the sh*t show that went on there.

I'm not opposed to Canada at all.  I do think however that will limit the potential to open up a recruiting pipeline IU hasn't really been able to crack.  

Exciting times for IU football.  Hope this hire turns out to be a good one.  

On 1/3/2019 at 9:36 AM, Lebowski said:

I agree.  And Harrell is someone that might be able to open up a recruiting pipeline to the state of Texas and Oklahoma.  I think this hire is going to be multi-factor hire, meaning not only an OC but also a potential of opening up a recruiting pipeline.  

I'm not opposed to Canada at all.  I do think however that will limit the potential to open up a recruiting pipeline IU hasn't really been able to crack.  

Exciting times for IU football.  Hope this hire turns out to be a good one.  

Totally get that, however, it seems like recruiting is actually doing pretty well at the moment. What will take down recruiting eventually for CTA is if this team doesn't start winning football games, beat purdue now and again, and get to a bowl game. Therefore, you get the best OC available and one that hopefully has some experience. I just don't think Allen can afford to gamble on this one because if it turns out bad he will likely be on his way out. 

It sounds like momentum is gaining for Canada. He did a really good job at Maryland especially taking over after Durkin got put on admin leave. There is definitely more hope for IU Football then there has been in a long, long time if this rings true. 

1 minute ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Hopefully he has opened his playbook to something more than the QB draw-decide play that he and Lynch ran at least 3 times in every series back in the day.  That was maddening to watch. 

As you point out, his first time as IU's OC was not very memorable and that is why I hoped Coach Allen would go with a different candidate. But I will hold judgement if Canada is indeed named offensive coordinator and just hope he has gained some good experience over the last 8-9 since he left Bloomington.

21 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Hopefully he has opened his playbook to something more than the QB draw-decide play that he and Lynch ran at least 3 times in every series back in the day.  That was maddening to watch. 

And suffice it to say that most of those series were 3 and outs. 

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Totally get that, however, it seems like recruiting is actually doing pretty well at the moment. What will take down recruiting eventually for CTA is if this team doesn't start winning football games, beat purdue now and again, and get to a bowl game. Therefore, you get the best OC available and one that hopefully has some experience. I just don't think Allen can afford to gamble on this one because if it turns out bad he will likely be on his way out. 

It sounds like momentum is gaining for Canada. He did a really good job at Maryland especially taking over after Durkin got put on admin leave. There is definitely more hope for IU Football then there has been in a long, long time if this rings true. 

The Dude abides.  

Yeah, I have a feeling this coming season is a make or break for CTA.  If he doesn't get his team to a bowl I think he'll be on the hot seat.  No pressure, right?  LOL!