Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

I have to admit, I don't understand this sentiment.  He averaged almost 20 points a game on a fairly talented team, and there really aren't many things that he doesn't do well.  

Probably undersized to be successful in the NBA as he isn't really a point guard, but he is an outstanding college player.

He had 4 studs drawing attention away from him. And yes he scored a lot but he was only the 8th most effective. And he did that while have the number 1 drawing defenses. The only reason his numbers look so amazing is his usage was ridiculous. His was higher than Carr’s at PSU 

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

I have to admit, I don't understand this sentiment.  He averaged almost 20 points a game on a fairly talented team, and there really aren't many things that he doesn't do well.  

Probably undersized to be successful in the NBA as he isn't really a point guard, but he is an outstanding college player.

He was outstanding when he was surrounded by Mathias, PJ, Crabs and Vince. We'll see how outstanding he is without them.

Barstool Spots - Most Improved Teams - IU included in the list.

Indiana (Missed the NCAA Tournament) – It’s all about Romeo Langford this season.  The guy is going to be a one-and-done player and is one of the best scorers in the class.  He’s a hell of a player and someone that can turn Indiana around in Archie Miller’s second season. Pairing him with Juwan Morgan and this is a team that should be top-4 in the Big 10.  Langford is going to be one of the best scorers in the country from day one.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/who-will-be-the-most-improved-teams-in-college-basketball?_branch_match_id=523618744144309448

2 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

All these publications and articles about Romeo gives me cause. He has always loved the pressure to fuel him but there is a big difference doing it at the college level. Just hoping that if he has a slow adjustment the fans and press don't jump on the "over hyped" train.

I believe if he does have a "slow adjustment", the talent around him will help mask it. Plus, just his presence on the floor makes everyone else's opportunities much easier.

I think there's some Romeo-fatigue on this team.  At the dunk contest, when the crowd voted (by cheering) for Romeo (even though Justin's dunks were better), you could see Justin and a couple others very clearly roll their eyes.  The other night Jake went "live" on instagram, someone asked where was Romeo.  He just did a little mocking fangirl "Romeo!!" thing and ignored the question.  JMo went live on the IUBB page yesterday at media day, and Zach (who was next to him) added in the comments "Where's Romeo?"  as a joke.  This would be another example.  You'll notice in the clip, they get asked about Romeo, and Juwan pops his eyes like he's saying "you've got to be kidding me with the Romeo questions," while Zach looks at Juwan like its an inside joke.  

That's my take.  Do I think the guys are holding it against Romeo?  No, I haven't seen that.  

Remember this time last year, when we were all convinced that Clifton Moore was going to be the big thing?  Some were wondering if he was going to stay for 1 year or 2 before he went to the NBA.  Now we've got guys like Jerome who aren't even getting mentioned at media day.  

Last two things.  My favorite clips from media day:

https://twitter.com/TheHoosierNet/status/1050461548475506688

https://twitter.com/TheHoosierNet/status/1050457143479029762

5 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I think there's some Romeo-fatigue on this team.

I've been getting the same vibes on this.  I don't see it as a negative at all though since, as you said, it appears they are all getting along.  It is what it is though.  Romeo gets the hype and always will this season.    

I think there's some Romeo-fatigue on this team.  At the dunk contest, when the crowd voted (by cheering) for Romeo (even though Justin's dunks were better), you could see Justin and a couple others very clearly roll their eyes.  The other night Jake went "live" on instagram, someone asked where was Romeo.  He just did a little mocking fangirl "Romeo!!" thing and ignored the question.  JMo went live on the IUBB page yesterday at media day, and Zach (who was next to him) added in the comments "Where's Romeo?"  as a joke.  This would be another example.  You'll notice in the clip, they get asked about Romeo, and Juwan pops his eyes like he's saying "you've got to be kidding me with the Romeo questions," while Zach looks at Juwan like its an inside joke.  

That's my take.  Do I think the guys are holding it against Romeo?  No, I haven't seen that.  

Remember this time last year, when we were all convinced that Clifton Moore was going to be the big thing?  Some were wondering if he was going to stay for 1 year or 2 before he went to the NBA.  Now we've got guys like Jerome who aren't even getting mentioned at media day.  

Last two things.  My favorite clips from media day:

https://twitter.com/TheHoosierNet/status/1050461548475506688

https://twitter.com/TheHoosierNet/status/1050457143479029762

I think you are right here. Excited to see this team in action. Can’t start soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully once the games start the focus is on who is playing great. But I don't think the Romeo hype will ever go away completely. 

No and for people that don’t understand Indiana basketball history or minimize it, this is it in a nutshell. You have the top kid in state playing for IU. Not only that he has that Damon Bailey or Cody Zeller quality of not being loud while being that good. This is what it has always been but we just got away from it and the kids on the team probably have some level of jealousy because they don’t get it. Hard to explain but it’s just the way it always has been in these types of circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app