Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Tom Crean to be next Georgia coach / 6 year 3.2 Million annually

31 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Just saw a video of crean telling dawg nation they can compete for championships. Some things will never change

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Did he use some version of either of the following:

"It's Georgia, it's Georgia"

or

"I sat and I thought, and I sat and I thought, and I kept coming back to it's Georgia".

All well, as long as his teams don't regularly suck so bad it embarrasses the football team (they won't, he's not that inept) during not football season Georgia fans couldn't care less.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/what-to-know-about-tom-crean-georgia-2018/

Quote from the article

"Watching Crean’s development as an analyst the last year, I did believe he was the smartest guy in the room. *He can break down a team and an in-game situation like few I’ve seen*. ESPN certainly was sad to see him go."

Not trying to be a jerk, but i hope they are talking about a highlight and not in-game coaching there. 

I, for one, am tired of the “Crean saved IU” takes I see in the media. Sure, he was willing to take over a program in bad shape, but a number of coaches would’ve been able to come in and accomplish what he accomplished. It’s not like he came in and helped us out of the goodness of his heart. IU made him a very wealthy man for his troubles. The “he’s a great guy” comments are a bit too much from me because few people know him personally, and the reactions from those who do are very mixed. It almost seems like an excuse for his crappy coaching. “Sure, he’s not a great coach, but he’s a tremendous guy and that’s what really matters!” Idk, just venting I guess.

17 minutes ago, cleeter said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/what-to-know-about-tom-crean-georgia-2018/

Quote from the article

"Watching Crean’s development as an analyst the last year, I did believe he was the smartest guy in the room. *He can break down a team and an in-game situation like few I’ve seen*. ESPN certainly was sad to see him go."

Not trying to be a jerk, but i hope they are talking about a highlight and not in-game coaching there. 

You should've watched him tell Roy exactly how to beat that Syracuse zone a couple weeks ago.  The guy is a master tactician. 

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Does UG have a message board? I'd like to give the fans some perspective of what they are getting. 

Found their Rivals site, but it appears to be subscription only access. Then I lost interest in searching any further( busy watching my bracket disintegrate).

But I hope you find something. It's kind of our civic duty to pass along what's to come, much like some well intentioned Marquette fans did for us those wee years ago.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You should've watched him tell Roy exactly how to beat that Syracuse zone a couple weeks ago.  The guy is a master tactician. 

You know that one gif where he just has that shocked look on his face (im sure you know exactly which one). I am not sure as to what my face looked like while he was talking about it, but i think its a safe bet to say i looked exactly like that. 

13 minutes ago, cleeter said:

You know that one gif where he just has that shocked look on his face (im sure you know exactly which one). I am not sure as to what my face looked like while he was talking about it, but i think its a safe bet to say i looked exactly like that. 

Let this pic live on forever...

imgres.0.jpg.863def9a0f767af3c0b8594632877e59.jpg

33 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Dont waste your time, I just checked one and they are ecstatic talking about his tenacious defense and his recruiting. (insert a million laughing emojis here)

If they can equate Tom Crean to "tenacious defense" then there's no hope for them.

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

Found their Rivals site, but it appears to be subscription only access. Then I lost interest in searching any further( busy watching my bracket disintegrate).

But I hope you find something. It's kind of our civic duty to pass along what's to come, much like some well intentioned Marquette fans did for us those wee years ago.

It is our duty. Those MQ fans were spot on with their posts when he got hired. 

2 hours ago, cleeter said:

Quote from the article

That made two of them who thought Tommy Boy was the smarted guy in the room... the author and FCTC.

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

On the other hand, it's too late for them... they've already signed on the dotted line... Tommy wins again... 

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

I am banging my head against the wall reading and listening to the national media and some fans fawning over this clown. There are a lot of gullible people out there who listen to the rhetoric and don’t do any research. It makes me sick that such a mediocre BS artist gets another sweet paying gig despite in no way deserving it. When things get rough, and they will, he will pout and whine and make excuses all day long.

Wait until he starts telling the UGA fanbase about all of those deflections... and he can introduce them to the concepts of over-signing and "creaning".