Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

3 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Not to divert the thread from Franklin, but do we know Armaan's relationship with TJD or Keion?  Good, Bad, or Non-Existent? 

It was shown earlier in this thread, but recently TJD tweeted, posted, instagrammed, snapchatted, whatever it's called, for IU to show Armaan some love.

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

He's very tight with TJD and Keion and played with them out in Vegas late in the circuit. TJD simultaneously retweeted and commented on his commitment. I was told TJD knew of his commitment earlier this week. Hence him retweeting the exact minute AF put it out there. The dominoes are gonna start falling. This is A LOT bigger pickup than people may realize.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Great to hear, I was curious what role, if any, Coach Delaney has had throughout the recruitment process for the three players.  

What is the reason why Newman doesn't want to play with Franklin?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Many feel they would need to occupy the same space on the court. Watching them at Westfield it was clear to me that Franklin playing the primary point guard on the team was clearly playing out of position. He is most definitely a combo and closer to the 2 then he is a 1. He struggled running the point whereas Newman had a stronger April because he was allowed to play his natural position. I don’t see Newman coming to IU. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him cancel the visit all together

So if Purdue grabs Newman, they got the better CG? Probably.

If and when we can get TJD and Brooks it will be a nearly perfect class, regardless. Franklin can prove to be a 4 year contributor which is always necessary.

I like Ramsey but I don’t see that happening now.

All my attention goes to Hoosier Hysteria now.

I’ve seen some mention Archie is still wanting Newman. Not sure what our resident insiders think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Archie has done a great job repairing IU's image in the state in his year and a half on the job. We're establishing ourselves as the premier team in Indiana. As long as Archie can deliver the results on the court I see no reason why this can't continue. We won't get every single Indiana kid that we want, but the days of chasing kids across the country while ignoring kids in our backyard are over. 

I don't agree, I think we need to pursue the best recruits in the nation no matter if they're from Indiana or Uranus.  I don't understand giving preference to recruits based upon their area code instead of their talent level.  I'm not hating on this pickup (welcome Armaan!), I just disagree with the premise.  Is Archie recruiting him over better prospects because of what hospital he was born in?  I know that's what a lot of vocal fans want, but I hope that's not the case in spite of his comments.

I do like that Purdoo wanted him and we got him though.  I like that a lot.  I hope we win a lot of games together Armaan, welcome to Hoosier Nation!

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So if Purdue grabs Newman, they got the better CG? Probably.

If and when we can get TJD and Brooks it will be a nearly perfect class, regardless. Franklin can prove to be a 4 year contributor which is always necessary.

I like Ramsey but I don’t see that happening now.

All my attention goes to Hoosier Hysteria now.

I’ve seen some mention Archie is still wanting Newman. Not sure what our resident insiders think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I doubt Ramsey is worried about Franklin one bit. Ramsey is being sold on taking over for Romeo. Franklin has to understand he’s going to be a project 

I doubt Ramsey is worried about Franklin one bit. Ramsey is being sold on taking over for Romeo. Franklin has to understand he’s going to be a project 

Ramsey isn’t a one and done and he plays the same position Franklin. Very unlikely we take 2 guys at the same position in 1 class.

Same feeling and argument about Garland when we took Phinisee.

Maybe I’ll be surprised but I don’t think it’s very likely.

Now Brooks and TJD are different stories. Sounds like our stock with them is high and maybe even higher now.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ramsey isn’t a one and done and he plays the same position Franklin. Very unlikely we take 2 guys at the same position in 1 class.

Same feeling and argument about Garland when we took Phinisee.

Maybe I’ll be surprised but I don’t think it’s very likely.

Now Brooks and TJD are different stories. Sounds like our stock with them is high and maybe even higher now.

He’s a high 4 star. You don’t have to be a 5 star to not be worried about a borderline 4 star. Ramsey even said they were selling him on Romeos spot. 

He’s a high 4 star. You don’t have to be a 5 star to not be worried about a borderline 4 star. Ramsey even said they were selling him on Romeos spot. 

See Garland and Phinisee argument. Same position. Not gonna happen UNLESS the staff projects one as a 1 and one as a 2.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

See Garland and Phinisee argument. Same position. Not gonna happen UNLESS the staff projects one as a 1 and one as a 2.

OR Franklin understands he should expect to be coming off the bench for a Couple of years. 

But just like Phinisee didn’t scare Garland away. Franklin isn’t going to scare Ramsey away. 

OR Franklin understands he should expect to be coming off the bench for a Couple of years. 
But just like Phinisee didn’t scare Garland away. Franklin isn’t going to scare Ramsey away. 

Sure. It’s not how recruiting works. Archie didn’t recruit Franklin by telling him he will be on the bench for a few years. That’s fan talk.

Archie told him he will get a chance to get minutes at the 1-3 and probably told him which position he sees him carving out his role.

Ramsey and Franklin are both 2’s primarily. The sales pitch is going to be similar. Ramsey isn’t good enough that he’s going to be gifted a starting position. He will have to earn it, and having 4 year competition within your own class isn’t the best option for most players.

Unless Archie sees them at different positions.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sure. It’s not how recruiting works. Archie didn’t recruit Franklin by telling him he will be on the bench for a few years. That’s fan talk.

Archie told him he will get a chance to get minutes at the 1-3 and probably told him which position he sees him carving out his role.

Ramsey and Franklin are both 2’s primarily. The sales pitch is going to be similar. Ramsey isn’t good enough that he’s going to be gifted a starting position. He will have to earn it, and having 4 year competition within your own class isn’t the best option for most players.

Unless Archie sees them at different positions.

Then why did we keep recruiting Garland?