Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Wow that is a surprise. Archie usually doesn't offer until he has seen the kid play. 

OMG it's Crean reincarnated!   lol

That does seem terribly out of character as the perception I've gotten early on with Archie is that he's pretty methodical and analytical.  Hopefully, you'll pick up some whispers of what may have prompted such a quick strike on our part.

1 hour ago, rebelcc said:

Indiana offered today

Please allow me to preface this post by stating I am not against whomever the coaching staff sees as a good fit, but I honestly don't understand this offer.  Partly because I was clueless as to who this is, but also because I think Indiana has other targets who make more sense.  Yes, I know...until the pen reaches the paper coaches should keep searching, but beyond his frame, does anyone have good selling points for him which perhaps I am missing?  All I found were a couple so-so videos and stats up to the 1/06/18 mark of this year's schedule.  I will admit these stats aren't ample enough to deem him worthy or not...need more info and to do some more research. 

19.4 ppg

4.4 apg and 2.2 topg

3.8 rpg

0.4 spg

0.2 blkpg

.603 fg% (44-73)

.744 ft% (29-39)

.455 3P% (10-22)

30 minutes ago, ray said:

Please allow me to preface this post by stating I am not against whomever the coaching staff sees as a good fit, but I honestly don't understand this offer.  Partly because I was clueless as to who this is, but also because I think Indiana has other targets who make more sense.  Yes, I know...until the pen reaches the paper coaches should keep searching, but beyond his frame, does anyone have good selling points for him which perhaps I am missing?  All I found were a couple so-so videos and stats up to the 1/06/18 mark of this year's schedule.  I will admit these stats aren't ample enough to deem him worthy or not...need more info and to do some more research. 

19.4 ppg

4.4 apg and 2.2 topg

3.8 rpg

0.4 spg

0.2 blkpg

.603 fg% (44-73)

.744 ft% (29-39)

.455 3P% (10-22)

I think this makes a lot of sense. We need more scoring when Romeo leaves and this guy seems to fit that bill. His percentages are really encouraging, even though he hasn’t shot much from 3. He’s a big guard (6’4, 180) and looks to have a pretty large wingspan from the couple videos i’ve watched. Like Gradman said, he’s ranked in the top 50 by multiple recruiting services, so I’d imagine he’s really good.

14 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

I think some offers are given perhaps to inspire others who have been offered to choose quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That was the theory with Crean’s approach but I don’t think Archie offers someone unless he really wants the player. If others feel pressure it may just be a side effect. 

2 hours ago, VO5 said:

I think this makes a lot of sense. We need more scoring when Romeo leaves and this guy seems to fit that bill. His percentages are really encouraging, even though he hasn’t shot much from 3. He’s a big guard (6’4, 180) and looks to have a pretty large wingspan from the couple videos i’ve watched. Like Gradman said, he’s ranked in the top 50 by multiple recruiting services, so I’d imagine he’s really good.

While I think Romeo is probably coming, please don't jinx this by talking about what happens 'after he leaves'.

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

While I think Romeo is probably coming, please don't jinx this by talking about what happens 'after he leaves'.

It’s just a message board dude. It’s meant for discussion

4 hours ago, ray said:

If he can play alongside Robert Phinisee, then a 6'4" point guard who tweets something along the lines of, "show me where the best players in the state are so I can guard them" is intriguing.

Love that quote.  Give me a team full of competitors.

8 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@Rivals: NEW & UPDATED 2019 #Rivals150 Hoops Rankings are LIVE! 
What were the toughest decisions in the updated rankings? The @Rivals CBK analysts @ebosshoops, @coreyevans_10 & @DMcDonaldRivals have a complete breakdown: http://rvls.co/2019-R150-RR
FULL RANKINGS: http://rvls.co/2019-R150

2. James Wiseman
5. Matthew Hurt
10. Isaiah Stewart
12. Trendon Watford
22. Trayce Jackson-Davis
23. Aideon Igiehon
30. DJ Carton
31. Kofi Cockburn
35. Keion Brooks
36. Jahmius Ramsey
37. Tre Mann
42. Francis Okoro
122. Mason Gillis
126. Armaan Franklin

How can we not love these group of offers??

Can we land three of them though?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app