Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

Nice analysis. Options aplenty. Tshiebwe is being recruited on that second tier list.

Whoever gets Cole Anthony is getting an absolutely stud of a guard. Don’t get me wrong, if we add 1 of Carton, Mann, Ramsey I’m plenty happy.

Top that off with 2 of Hurt, Watford, Brooks, TJD we have ourselves a legit blue blood type class that I’ve been wanting for years.

Side note-Justin Smith and Jerome Hunter are going to be great players. The future is looking so bright if it goes like we think it might.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed on Hunter. It almost seems like he gets overlooked with all the Romeo excitement but Hunter will be a stud imo.

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 

Indiana, Xavier, Iowa State, Butler, Colorado State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Iowa, Nebraska, Yale, Stanford were among those to watch 2019 Tyrell Terry this weekend.

He's an AAU teammate of Matthew Hurt.

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 
Indiana, Xavier, Iowa State, Butler, Colorado State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Iowa, Nebraska, Yale, Stanford were among those to watch 2019 Tyrell Terry this weekend.
He's an AAU teammate of Matthew Hurt.

6'3 PG
https://247sports.com/Player/Tyrell-Terry-45572911

9 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Agreed on Hunter. It almost seems like he gets overlooked with all the Romeo excitement but Hunter will be a stud imo.

Yep contributor off the bench this next year and probably our starting 2 after that. 

Crazy how we look to have a solid team in 2019 without any of these studs we are going after. 

General question for the board.  Earlier today I posted the tweet in regards to Indiana watching Tyrell Terry.  How do these people know that's who we were watching?  He's on Matthew Hurt's AAU team so naturally we're watching that team but how do people like Jake find out that we may also have an interest in Terry?  Inquiring minds want to know.

He impressed the heck out of me in the 3 games I watched this weekend. He had his outside shot working and had very good command of the team. That AAU is loaded. Frans son Patrick plays on that team as well so I’m guessing Iowa will be in on his recruitment as well

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

General question for the board.  Earlier today I posted the tweet in regards to Indiana watching Tyrell Terry.  How do these people know that's who we were watching?  He's on Matthew Hurt's AAU team so naturally we're watching that team but how do people like Jake find out that we may also have an interest in Terry?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Perhaps the coaches were talking to his coach about him before the game. And the coach talked. 

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I thought the exact same thing.  Could it be a way to see Hurt and it not count as a "visit"?  I'll admit, I'm not up to speed on those types of things.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm guessing coaches text the AAU teams to tell them they are going to watch this or that kid. Then they also reach out to the kid who tells his AAU coach so and so team is coming to watch me this weekend

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Coaches let kids/coaches know if they're evaluating them. They talk. The whole thing funnels down to interested parties and, ultimately, reporters

Throughout these events the national scouts and media type network with the coaches. Snow was sitting in the area with the coaches and was talking it up with a lot of them. Making contacts and having good relations with the coaches is the lifeblood of a good scout I would guess. Maybe the reason why there are so many transfers in college basketball is because 50% of the time coaches are on their phones and the other 50% of the time they are talking with other coaches or scouts. Of course I’m joking but it is funny watching these coaches throughout the week

2 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

More background on Tyrell Terry.   Note he had 2 double digit assist games this past weekend and nearly a triple double in his last game.

Tyrell Terry'19 (PG) - D1 Minnesota        
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/22 8 3 7 0 2 2 2 5 6 5 1 0
4/22 11 4 4 3 3 0 1 0 5 0 0 0
4/23 9 1 6 1 4 6 6 5 11 0 0 0
4/23 13 4 7 2 5 3 6 9 10 4 0 0

Avg 10.3 50%   43%   73%   5 8 2 0 0
# Gms 4                      

Rivals

Nov. '17 Zagsblog

Year old video clips

I'm guessing Terry is a backup plan for Carton and Mann. This also probably has to do with the fact he is from Minnesota so Ostrom probably has some connections to this kid as well. 

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

4:1 assists/turnovers. Pretty nice for a PG.

Have to take reported TO's., steals and blks.  with a grain of salt.  In many of the games no one on the team gets credited with any TO's, stls. or blks., and I struggle with what to do in those cases as to how to report them.  I'll have to come up with something so those specific stats aren't misleading.

To clarify, the above problem pretty much confined to the Adidas circuit.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Clarification

Capsule summaries of how IU targets performed last weekend from Inside the Hall,  New name surfaced - Kira Lewis a

6'3" PG.  Plays with Trendon Watford on the Georgia Stars AAU team.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2018/04/26/a-look-at-how-indiana-recruiting-targets-performed-in-the-first-nike-eybl-session/

Kira Lewis '19 (PG) - Georgia Stars      
Date Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/21 28 9 16 7 11 3 6 2 2 3 2 0
4/21 16 6 18 3 4 1 5 5 4 2 6 0
4/22 22 8 15 2 2 4 6 3 5 2 2 0
4/22 17 5 13 5 6 2 6 5 4 3 3 0

Avg 20.8 45%   74%   43%   4 4 3 3 0
# Gms 4                      

35 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

#Indiana has offered 5emoji294.png️Jalen Lecque @jalenlecque10 of @NYRhoops & @ChristSchoolBB
Andrew slater

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seems to be a good passer...and he is most certainly "bouncy".