Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2018) SF Aaron Henry to Michigan State

I believe we slipped because he's on a holding pattern with us. We need a point first and Romeo's spot. This whole non committable offer business probably doesn't sit well with recruits although Im obviously specualting with Henry.

On 8/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Moore can easily play it if needed. Smith can play the 4 as well

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Clifton Moore doesn't want to play down low at all though.  He said so and his HS coach said so.

It's not a given that he'll play down low "if needed".  Plus if Smith plays the 4, that's pretty small in the B1G.

I know it's a different coach and new system, but I still hate the idea of small ball lineups.  That was a year from hell that I really don't want to repeat.

9 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Clifton Moore doesn't want to play down low at all though.  He said so and his HS coach said so.

It's not a given that he'll play down low "if needed".  Plus if Smith plays the 4, that's pretty small in the B1G.

I know it's a different coach and new system, but I still hate the idea of small ball lineups.  That was a year from hell that I really don't want to repeat.

You mean you didn't like Stan Robinson on AJ Hammons??

Clifton Moore is not a back to the basket guy on offense. That doesn't mean that he will be playing on the perimeter on the defensive end.

Sorry to break it to Clifton & his coach but if he ever wants a future in the NBA it will be at the 4 maybe even the 5 as a stretch big. He isn't near quick enough to play the 3.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Wait.. I got to thinking about this... CM has absolutely no say in the matter. He plays where he helps the team the most. Idc if it's PG, C, or bench warmer... where CAM and staff feel like he is best fit to help the TEAM is where he'll play. Glad we're back to that sort of thing at IU.

Exactly.
Which is why if he wants to play he'll defend down low, and on offense he may or may not be in the post.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait.. I got to thinking about this... CM has absolutely no say in the matter. He plays where he helps the team the most. Idc if it's PG, C, or bench warmer... where CAM and staff feel like he is best fit to help the TEAM is where he'll play. Glad we're back to that sort of thing at IU.

Of course he'll play where needed, same could be said for some "combo" guard filling in at PG.  I don't think Moore's a Center- offensively or defensively. Will he develop into one? Maybe, although he's expressed reluctance to do so. So while he CAN play the post, having guys out of position isn't a great recipe for success.

Let's all hope DD stays healthy and can stay out of foul trouble for 28mins or so a game.

4 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Small ball can work on defense. Our problem was we didn't have a defensive system (not a good one at least) set up, nor did we have the personnel to effectively run it. You need talented individual defenders and versatile guys who can switch on p/r. 

15 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I heard he was going to play some at the point. Haha... couldn't resist.

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Xavier is looking like they are the team to beat in this recruitment moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm thinking if that's the case, Eric Hunter is going there as well.