Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

1 minute ago, hoosierpap said:

Look, I think Bloomington is awesome. I've had some of the best times of my life there. My family who lives in Indy has been taking me there since I was young. But if I ask my neighbor here in Philly about Bloomington, Indiana...they will have never heard of it. 

IU's campus is just not an attraction to a kid on the east coast...or west coast. IU is getting a serious visit is all I'm saying.

If it's a serious visit, that's fine. I don't think IU gets him though

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

Yes because if that were to happen, that probably means that the main targets aren't gonna end up at IU

I think JF is higher on IU's board than he is mine or yours. Don't be shocked if this happens

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I really hope you're wrong. IU needs to finish with guards in 2018. 2019 is the time to get bigs

Crean always had me hoping I was wrong. This will be the first for Archie lol

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

IU does have room for all of that. But I don't think Archie should use every scholarship on that class

I think if you see IU take a full class, they're expecting attrition and open grants for '19. I had the same worry, but was told there may be some attrition. I wasn't told who and it wouldn't be responsible to guess

On the positive side with Forrester.

A true Forward

Good height and length

Springy

Can shoot it, albeit funky

Good kid/good student

I have to assume Forrester is better than the 2 live games I watched last year. If we need a long forward and we probably do, and Archie and staff thinks Forrester is our best bet, I'll just have to trust them as I'm thinking they've seen more the 2 games, lol. (With Crean though, I wouldn't be so sure).

Forrester actually looks good in highlight packages. I just didn't see it in the games I watched.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Exactly.
My 10 year old is at 20ppg in rec league. If he ever got to take official visits, I would advise that he would use his five official visits on:
University of Hawaii
UNLV
Louisville ('cause we wants to meet da ladies!)
University of Paris, France
And IU

Of course, all along he'd know that he'd be required to commit to IU, but man o man he'd have some extraordinary memories.

I believe you have to sign for UH Manoa to pay for your trip out there. It might be just for football or other sports.

2 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Crean always had me hoping I was wrong. This will be the first for Archie lol

I think if you see IU take a full class, they're expecting attrition and open grants for '19. I had the same worry, but was told there may be some attrition. I wasn't told who and it wouldn't be responsible to guess

If Archie truly wants 6 players for 2018, then yeah I'm sure he expects some open scholarships for the next year. Forrester isn't a big need though. I'd be really upset if IU gets him in '18 and misses out on a big time player in '19

For me.

Jake Forrester is to Forwards as Robert Phinisee is to guards.

Solid players that may/likely improve to be good pieces. Not home runs. Not instant impact.

I get the feeling these could be 2 of our last 3 ships. I won't cry about it if it happens but it surely isn't the type of recruiting I'm hoping for in the long run.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For me.

Jake Forrester is to Forwards as Robert Phinisee is to guards.

Solid players that may/likely improve to be good pieces. Not home runs. Not instant impact.

I get the feeling these could be 2 of our last 3 ships. I won't cry about it if it happens but it surely isn't the type of recruiting I'm hoping for in the long run.

Difference to me is need

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe you have to sign for UH Manoa to pay for your trip out there. It might be just for football or other sports.

I think I've seen that somewhere too. I imagine lots of kids were trying to get free trips to Hawaii and they got fed up.  

Morgan, Davis, Moore, Thompson with players like Smith and Hunter being able to play small ball 4 for a bit. I would prefer to keep the scholarship for a better forward in 2019.

Is this the good teammate, student, hard working recruit meant to develop and then contribute as an upperclassman?

Exactly.
My 10 year old is at 20ppg in rec league. If he ever got to take official visits, I would advise that he would use his five official visits on:
University of Hawaii
UNLV
Louisville ('cause we wants to meet da ladies!)
University of Paris, France
And IU

Of course, all along he'd know that he'd be required to commit to IU, but man o man he'd have some extraordinary memories.

Thats a very loose interpretation of ladies!

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

2019 should be the class to load up on bigs with hopefully Brooks, Wiseman, Hurt, Jackson-Davis, and Watford to choose from to fill only 2 or 3 spots.

Guards seem to be the bigger immediate priority for the rest of 2018, I don't know why we'd go after Forrester when we already have plenty of forwards on the roster and committed already.