Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

How about Orlando Antigua as an assistant? He was the top recruiter for Calipari and just got fired as HC at USF. He clearly knows how to navigate the AAU circuit. Could be a homerun type addition as an assistant. Dont know how dirty he is, but Im all for gling into the frey area of recruiting just dont cross the cheating line. 

12 hours ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Wonder if he could poach ed schilling or Barnett from ucla

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Please not Schilling (shiver)!   Sure it would be nice to see a former IU player (my personal preference would be Michael Lewis) on the bench but this is Archie's team and he needs to be comfortable with the people he chooses.   We don't want Archie to have to deal with a Roshown McLeod situation.

Jared Jeffries is still on my wish list too. Think he would provide fundamentals and development skills. He made a living in the NBA doing the little things and continued to evolve his game to stick around. Please he is highly respected in a lot of basketball areas and would work the state pretty good. I am very excited to see what our staff and roster will look like in the next few weeks.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Travis Steele and Dane Fife are my dream guys as lead assistants. I would take Groce too. I wanna see him get some young grinders and start himself a coaching tree. Thatd be nice.

I like Fife but I don't see him coming. It doesn't make sense for him imo. He's the same age as miller so he is not going to be taking over for him at IU. He's already with a HOF who will be retiring at some point in the next 5 years or so maybe longer. Fife has a better chance at taking over MSU once Izzo leaves, maybe a Bo Ryan departure type scenario. Just doesn't make sense for him.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:57 PM, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Jared Jeffries is still on my wish list too. Think he would provide fundamentals and development skills. He made a living in the NBA doing the little things and continued to evolve his game to stick around. Please he is highly respected in a lot of basketball areas and would work the state pretty good. I am very excited to see what our staff and roster will look like in the next few weeks.

Jefferies is working in the Denver Nuggets front office and has his own tv show. I don't think he would give that up to be an assistant coach.

This offseason has already been crazy so I guess anything is a possibility though

Jefferies is working in the Denver Nuggets front office and has his own tv show. I don't think he would give that up to be an assistant coach.
This offseason has already been crazy so I guess anything is a possibility though

I asked him on twitter when Crean was first fired and he said anytime IU calls I pick up. Said we will see. I know a lot of NBA teams wanted him as a scout as recently as last offseason so you could be right. He is looking to be a GM one day.