Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

Kuwik, Ostrom, Cheaney, Tonagel, Lewis.
Get a couple of them and I'm a happy man. 

Add Steele and Jared Jeffries to that wish list. Those guys would be monsters on the recruiting trail here. Jeffries is a Billy D pipedream situation but Steele may be possible. I like Ostrom a lot.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Looked up Bruiser, he most recently coached at Drexel in Philly. Archie is from the Philly area, so I'm guessing that's where the connection comes from.

Just now, HOOsier Thunder said:

Archie is from outside Pittsburgh.  Calipari is probably the connection.

Ah my mistake. You're correct. Disregard my post lol

Add Steele and Jared Jeffries to that wish list. Those guys would be monsters on the recruiting trail here. Jeffries is a Billy D pipedream situation but Steele may be possible. I like Ostrom a lot.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Jared's too busy out on the water. Does he still have a front office job with the Nuggets?

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

Looked up Bruiser, he most recently coached at Drexel in Philly. Archie is from the Philly area, so I'm guessing that's where the connection comes from.

Archie is NOT from the Philly area... Beaver Falls, PA is near Pittsburgh... 40 miles away... and almost 400 mles from Philly.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Archie is NOT from the Philly area... Beaver Falls PA is near Pittsburgh... 40 miles away... and almost 400 mles from Philly.

I know. I corrected myself above

What do you guys think of Coach Hawkins from Crispus Attucks?  Seems to be in the loop with Indiana High School ball and just won the teams first state title in 50 or so years!

🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅 man!

Chirp chirp tweet tweet caw caw

Have to admit Flint and Groce would be solid hires. Flint would have a great connection with those tough Philly kids and he had a winning record as a D1 coach for UMass and Drexel. Groce has always been known as a solid recruiter and has led a Big Ten program. They would be 2 solid hires.  Add an Indiana guy to the staff and we are off to the races!